Friday, August 14, 2009

Handmade Collage Papers.........................



I took some time, last week, to make some handmade collage papers. They take much drying time; especially with the humidity we've been having. I thought I'd share, with you, some of these papers. They are created with special artists' tissue paper, mediums and acrylics, and some cool inclusions like coffee grounds and cording. The first picture is a grouping of some that have fully dried and the other picture is of my absolute favorite of the group. The pictures do not do the colors justice but my favorite one with the cording came out like a champagne color.

Now the fun part will be embellishing them. Some I will leave plain and some I will use fun texture elements and art stamps to decorate.

I'm wishing you all a safe, happy and artful weekend! Thanks always for taking the time to visit, here, and leaving your supportive feedback! You're all the BEST!

Much love - Marilyn xxoo

15 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow this is a fantastic idea.
Truly wonderful papers. Love them all.

Martina said...

This is gorgeous!
Very clever idea.

Elizabeth said...

Love your collage papers! the colors and textures are wonderful!! i am just about to do a post on some papers that I did recently- I am putting together some journals to sell at the gallery in Fredericksburg! thanks for your sweet blog comments!! NO !!! YOU are the BEST!!!
Big hugs!
Elizabeth

Laura Haviland said...

Wow this are marvelous, you are so talented Marilyn who "Rocks".
Just amazing.
We were chatting my daughter and I mention you. My husband heard your name and said what a great name you have. I said not a better one, you Rock for sure. The name says it all, there you go. hahaha.
Hugs, Laura.

Barb said...

What gorgeous papers - you are sooo talented!!!
Happy week-end.

Tolegranny said...

I love the variety of paper colours but my favourite is the corded one. It comes through as a coffee colour. Boy I have ideas for that paper. hahaha

Peggy Beck said...

Marilyn I just love the papers, especially the one with the cords. It's looks woven and is gorgeous. That sounds like fun too.

Diane J. Evans said...

Gosh, what a creative mind you have! (I've said that before, haven't I?) Sometime I AM going to take a class from you -- I know I'd feel as though I was a kid again, playing in art class.

Diane

lindacreates said...

Beautiful papers! Love your favorite one, very clever gal you are.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Marilyn
these are all so beautiful! I am curious - one of the papers looks as if there is photograph on it? love to know how that was done.

Have a "happy" Sunday!

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

:0)))...wow! This looks like LOOOOAAAAAAAAAADS of fun. Wish I could pop round and join you.

.Trudi Sissons said...

Beautiful beautiful pages - I love making these! Did you ever see the DVD by Carrie Burns Brown? Yours look much the same as her technique (especially the sepia one in the foreground with the fiber running through it).

Ginger said...

Marilyn I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for you comment. I've been busy I guess its making up for the fact that I'm going on vacation and I'm not going to be able to create from the beach. I go through spurts were I create so much then I go through a period where I do nothing at all. Thank you again your blog is amazing.

Deb L. said...

Oooo! These are yummy looking!! Nice to have such a stash to choose from! xo

Femmy said...

great project marilyn!!