
Today marks the date of the 3rd year passing of a very beautiful person. Shane was my son's best friend and a very treasured family friend whose life was cut much too short in a tragic accident. I've always wanted to create a work of art in honor of Shane and symbolize his heritage, one that he was very proud of.
Shane was part Mohegan Indian; his strong facial features and sculptured outline were tell tale.
This piece is a 9 x 12, mixed media, on art board. The picture is actually a section of the painting. The image is of Uncas a Mohegan Chief, who is probably more famous as a character in James Fenimore Cooper's The Last of the Mohicans than as a real-life person. But; he is significant in the context of the 17th-century New England history.
Through my reading about Uncas, I've discovered that Uncas and Shane share similar traits. Just to name a few; strength, wisdom, perseverance, and being a real team player.
So; on this day of August 10th, I pay tribute to our dear friend Shane who we love and miss so much! Shane lives on, through the things we know he's loved and cared about. He loved life, mountains, Sharon, David, motorcycles, humor, and the New York Yankees!!
I see it fitting that this weekend, the NY Yankees swept the Red Sox in a 4-game series. Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This ones for you Shane! I love you! Marilyn xxoo
How about them Yankees????????????
14 comments:
Wow what a great honor to Shane.
This is impressive. Love them.
This is a great tribute to your friend Shane. Wonderful artwork.
Hi Marilyn, What a wonderful tribute to Shane. I know he is smiling down from Heaven.
This is a stunning tribute - beautifully expressive and leaves a powerful impression!
Marilyn this is a fantastic piece of art and a beautiful tribute to Shane, really gorgeous work as always.
A beautiful and powerful mixed media portrait of Shane- with strength, strong character and a truth about him that stands out. What a wonderful treasure as a remembrance for him always.
Thanks for stopping by to visit my post as well.
What a beautiful piece of art and such a fitting tribute. Your emotional connection with Shane shines through in your work.
Such a fitting tribute, and your inspiring words to match this inspiring piece Marilyn. And Shane was definitely there helping the Yankees as well!
hi marilyn, a great testament for a person so young! nice.
Marilyn, it is already 3 years that Shane is gone! It is wonderful that you honor him and the friendship that he shared with David, because I know that only certain people come along in our lives to make such a huge impact. I am sorry for the loss of his special touches in all your lives......but he is no doubt smiling at your remembrances of him!
Hugs,Patti
Marilyn
this piece is so moving and a gorgeous tribute to Shane. I can tell how much it is from your heart! Bless you!
Love this piece and I know the connection you have. I have no doubt he is watching over you as you have shown your love of him.
Marilyn, words can't describe how this piece makes me feel.. it is soooo beautiful... what a great tribute to a wonderful man...
Such a gorgeous piece and loving tribute. He would be honored to see it. Be careful, though, about those Yankee/Red Sox remarks!
Post a Comment