Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Takin' a short break......................................


I'm going to be taking a mini break from Blogging starting today. I need some time to work on a couple of art shows that I have coming up. The demands of details with paper work and framing; all that goes with it.

A friend of mine and I formed a local group that we call ourselves Art 'Round Town

We have our first exhibit, as a group, at the Colonie Town Hall beginning September 2nd and it will run through the month of October.

Check out our website if you have time (highlighted above). The site is preliminary and we are still adding to it. We will be adding more members in near future.

Another really fun project I will be working on are baby shower invitations for my daughter-in-law. :) I have so many ideas floating around in my head so I'll need to get working on them. We found out, recently, that my son and his wife are expecting a girl! I'm thinkin' pinks and purples :)

In meantime, all be safe and happy. I will miss you but will try to catch up with what you are creating as I can.

Thank you, again, for all of your support and friendships!

Much love - Marilyn xxoo

21 comments:

Peggy Beck said...

Will miss you too Marilyn,but then maybe I'll get to see you in person soon.

Poetic Artist said...

I will miss you..Enjoy.
Katelen

bockel24 said...

Enjoy your "break" - it seems that you´ll work even more than usual! Hope you´ll be back soon.

Glenda said...

Enjoy your break, I will miss your posts

Sugar Lump Studios said...

I will miss you Marilyn...:( but understand completely. Sometimes I think if the computer was shut off for the day...how much I could accomplish in the studio. Can't wait to see what creations you will have when you get back! :)

Barb said...

Try to relax and find some time for yourself.
Will miss ya.
Barb

Laura Haviland said...

miss you, Hugs Laura.

Anonymous said...

I wondered where you were! You will want to come back here, after your 'work break'!

.Trudi Sissons said...

Fun image!

Jacky said...

Good luck with your exhibition!!! How exciting for you. Cant wait until you are back with all your news.
Enjoy your break and I hope you get lots done.

Jacky xox

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!! Bout time you get some recognition. You are an incredible artist.!!

Viola said...

Enjoy your break, Marilyn! I will miss you!

Gaby Bee said...

Enjoy your break, Marilyn. Hope you will find some time for yourself.
Good luck with your exhibition!
Can't wait to see you back with all your news.

Have a good one!
Gaby xo

Connie said...

Congrats on the new grand baby you will soon be getting! Can't wait to see all of the new art you are creating!

Tabitha said...

I keep checkin your blog...I miss you! I received my Altered Greetings in the mail...thank you!

Alexandra said...

Have a nice time Marilyn. Hugs Alexandra

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Hey missus, wake up lol

Missing you.

Glad you can access a little using hubbys netbook. Hope its not too long before you are up and running again :0)

jgr said...

Hi Marilyn,
Thanks for stopping by and congrats on all the fun things you're up to.

Jill Zaheer said...

Thanks for your kind comment on my Grandma Willow Tree Posting. Good luck with your new group, Art Round Town. Just checked out your link! Look forward to your return!

marilyn said...

Keep checking every day....to see if your back yet. It will be exciting when you are....from another Marilyn.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

I MISS YOU!!!! :)