Friday, December 11, 2009

Free Holiday Image to thank you!



I am overwhelmed emotionally with the outpouring of love and well-wishes that you all sent me with your sweet comments, here, and the emails, cards, and calls I've received after announcing the birth of my granddaughter Sophia.

Her parents brought her home, yesterday, they are doing fine and grandparents are pitching in, as we can, to help. It's been one of the most joyous times of my life watching my son and daughter-in-law with their new baby.

There are two pictures, here, one is of a journal cover, I did, celebrating women. As I watch my daughter-in-law, after her long and difficult labor, bouncing back, her strength coming from the love of her new baby girl, I felt this journal cover was appropriate as an art expression.

Women are strong, aren't we? YES!! I think we should celebrate us! Do something special for yourself, this weekend, to celebrate YOU! Take some art time, go to an art supply store and reward yourself with a new tool or paint color, begin reading the book you've always wanted to get to with a cup of tea - just some quiet time for just YOU!

The other photo, here, is one of my favorite holiday images that I've scanned from an old music sheet. I love it and want to share it with you. Please feel free to use it as you'd like. I'd LOVE to see what you create with it.

Thank you ALL for helping me celebrate the birth of my first grand child with all of your loving wishes! It means so much to me to share, not only art, but life with you!

I wish you, and yours, a healthy, happy and joyous holiday season!

Much love always - Marilyn xxoo


15 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

I just love the piece you created Marilyn and the cover shot is amazing too. I love your tribute to women and our strength! your post makes me all misty eyed! xo cat

sharon said...

Thank you Marilyn soooo much! This is such a beautiful post, and I couldn't agree with you more. Thank you also for lifting up my spirits , you have such an eloquent and beautiful way with words....I learn so much from you.
Have a terrific weekend!!
PS....we need new pics of baby Sophia, how about with her gram?!
Much love...Sharon

~*~Patty S said...

Thank you for sharing that lovely image and for your uplifting words on women's strength ... we are each stronger than we know! Such a lovely post Marilyn!
I meant to mention before that we had chosen the beautiful name of Sophia if our youngest son had been a girl 21 years ago :)...lucky you!
Enjoy * Enjoy this beautiful time!
oxo

Alexandra said...

Fantastic work Marilyn

Diane said...

Hi Marilyn--I'm so glad that I found you--Beautiful blog and Beautiful art!! Diane

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are both wonderful images. And to allow us to use them in our art is beyond belief.

I'm glad to read about your daughter-in-law. It's amazing what strength we have when we put our minds (and bodies) to it.

Terri Kahrs said...

Tear began to fill my eyes as I read your beautiful post. Yes, we are strong and spirited, and this is a wonderful tribute, Marilyn. I'm happy to hear that all of the female generations are doing well. Thank you for your beautiful freebie. Enjoy these precious moments and make many wonderful memories this Holiday season! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Jacky said...

It is a very emotional and fulfilling time the emergence of a new life. Thank you for sharing this special time with us and allowing us to see the beautiful Sophia. Keep up the pics please!

Lovely art as always and your generous spirit shining through as always too.

Today I am off to have a Christmas Lunch with the girls from our bookclub (10 of us)...I will toast to all the wonderful women in this world.



Sending love and Christmas Cheer.

Jacky xox

Diane J. Evans said...

Thank you, Marilyn -- she's beautiful! I hope she'll ignite the creative spark in me so I can turn her into an art quilt -- she has great possibilities!

Blessed holiday!

Diane

Sandy said...

Wow your work rock.
These are stunning. Fantastic designs. Love them all.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Marilyn
thank you for sharing your gorgeous art with us! How can we all not be excited about that precious new baby girl...she is soooo beautiful and it shows already how much you love and cherish her! :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend and get some cuddle time in with that new baby!

Diane said...

Marilyn, Thank you so much for the comments on my AND my son's blog. I know he will appreciate it when he comes home from celebrating :)

Martina said...

Marilyn, your post about your sweet granddaughter has emotionally touched me very much.
I wish you a wonderful time with your loved ones.
The time is unfortunately by far too quickly!
Love and kisses and a wonderful christmas season
Cheers
MARTINA xxx

Peggy Beck said...

I feel so blessed to know you. Your post is..... well .....very beautiful and heartfelt. I couldn't be happier for you and your new grandaughter and the whole family. What a precious time in your life. Thanks for sharing with us all. And she certainly is beautiful so pictures are welcome by this friend and I think by all friends.

Femmy said...

these are so beautiful!! love them!!