Monday, December 21, 2009

"JOY"

This is a picture of a 5 x 7 canvas board piece that I created over the weekend. The background was a result of my demo, for one of the projects, from the "Odds and Ends" workshop that Kerri Posson and I conducted on Saturday. We both felt the workshop was a huge success and we had wonderful and enthusiastic students. Kerri and I are already planning another workshop in the future. It will focus on art journaling; creating our own books, arting up the sewn-in signatures! Can't wait!

I wish I had some Flip videos to share with you, of parts of the workshop, but my Flip - flopped! Actually; it wasn't the Flip, it was me - the videographer! :) I am going to spend, some time, next week after the holiday stuff is over and take a whole day and practice taking some art videos. I don't think you'd appreciate watching an art technique with my finger in front of the lens :) Oh well; I'll get the hang of it. It's all a learning process.

I have titled this mixed-media piece "JOY" as that is what I wish for all of you for your upcoming holiday celebrations. May you find peace with the traditions that you follow and I so look forward to sharing more art and life with all of you in the coming new year!

Happy Holidays everyone! Stay well and safe! Love to all - Marilyn xxoo

27 comments:

Diane said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Marilyn. I'm glad that I met you!

Terri Kahrs said...

Marilyn, your piece captures the joy of the season beautifully! So happy to hear that your workshop was a success. I can hear the "happiness" in your "voice"! Bummer that the Flip flopped. Unfortunately, I too, have experienced technological failures! LOL! Warm and happy wishes to you for a very Merry Christmas! Holiday Hugs, Terri xoxo

Caterina Giglio said...

this will be such a joyful holiday for you and your new grandbaby! love this piece and thanks for the holiday wish!

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is outstanding. Amazing work. Love them.

Marilyn, I wish you a merry Christmas.

Happy Holidays for you and your family my friend.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Wow, Marilyn. I feel like I got an art lesson just looking at this beautiful piece. I love how you grounded your image with what looks like paint smears. I also love how you used the corrugated cardboard to mount the piece on. What wonderful inspiration!!

Sorry the Flip flopped. I totally understand. While taking photos of my shopping adventure on Saturday, I found several photos that had my finger over the lens. Getting used to new technology is a learning process, but of course, a necessary one if you want to take art and BABY videos. I'm sure you will soon be a pro and I'll be flipping over your FLIP presentations!!!

Diane J. Evans said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family, Marilyn -- wishing you abundant creativity in the New Year!

Diane

sharon said...

Marilyn, I just can't tell you enough how much I enjoy your work! It is always so full of color, great composition , and so cohesive, they are small wonders to me! Thank you so much for always sharing!

Deb L. said...

This is a lovely piece, M... I am so glad your class was such a success! Sending love and wishes for a perfect Christmas with your newest addition! xox Deb

lindacreates said...

Thank you for visiting my blog. I too wish you a very wonderful holiday. I am healing and planning on a healthy and happy New Year.

Your art always makes me smile!

Femmy said...

beautiful piece Marilyn.
Happy Holidays to you and your family!!

Carol Q said...

gorgeous piece Marilyn. have a very happy Christmas and here's to more creativeness in 2010!

Patti G. said...

Marilyn, your piece JOY from the workshop you and Kerri had is gorgeous!!!!!! Congrats on a wonderful workshop, it sounds to have been a super experience...we will look forward to a video from some other time. :0)

Love your blog header and background as well! Makes me feel happy about winter.....and that is a tough one! Hehehe!
xoxoxoxo

Hugs,Patti

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Miss Marilyn
what a gorgeous collage you have shared (yet again) with us! I adore the colors and your use of it...always inspiring.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with that new little baby and I look forward to getting to know you better in 2010! :) xoxoxo

~*~Patty S said...

Beautiful use of color Marilyn, full of JOY most definitely!

Not sure if I mentioned how wonderful your blog header is too!

Ho Ho Ho!
oxo

Janny said...

It's awesome, great colours!! Merry Christmas;o)

Lori Saul said...

Your "joyful" art has been so inspirational to me this year - I always enjoy your lovely art and words. I look forward to seeing your endeavors in the New year!

angela recada said...

Looking forward to visiting your blog regularly in 2010.
:0)
Happy holidays!

Poetic Artist said...

Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.
Katelen

Laura Haviland said...

Marilyn this is just full of color and feels so happy. Your such a creative and talent artist !!!
I love this, thanks for sharing.
I am sorry have not been to visit for awhile. Thank you for being such a supportive special friend.
Your such bright sunshine !!!
I wish you and your family the most wonderful Christmas. This was a great year, thanks to Heather I met you !!! Happy New Year.
Big Squeeze Hugs, Laura.
Happy Creating.

Connie said...

this art piece turned out terrific - i love the color combinations!
it takes a while to get the hang of the flip video - but it's worth it!...and editing is fun too! The hardest part for me was moving it S L O W L Y...instead of so fast you got seasick watching it!
Merry Christmas and a wonderful New year!

Martina said...

Stunning piece, Marilyn! Love the colours and the whole design. Wonderful art!

johanna said...

your collage is really wonderful, great colors!!
i was sure your workshop would be a huge success! (sadly i don´t live too far away to join one)
about the flip-flop (hehe) - i so can relate... i´m a technical neanderthal myself... and i hate reading instruction books and practicing; but sometimes it´s necessary...
wishing you a great christmas time! it surely will be very special with the new baby in the family!!

johanna said...

i take away the "don´t"... i do live too far away...
smiles...

Moniqui said...

Gorgeous canvas! Merry Christmas Marilyn!

Viola said...

Merry Christmas, Marilyn, my dear. Love your collage! Stunning piece! :)

Jill Zaheer said...

What a beauiful and "Joy"ous collage! Love the colors, circles throughout and the great feeling of excitement! Just love how you were able to have your gorgeous winter wonderland photos on the side of your blog. How did you ever get to do that?
Best wishes for an extraordinary 2010- filled with much JOY, good health and much love! Jillz

Missy Trent said...

I just discovered your beautiful blog! I now have your link as "one of my favorite places to visit"! I shall return....frequently! Thank you for sharing, Missy