Friday, February 5, 2010

New drawings/paintings



I've been a little quiet, here, lately. I've been working on Misty's online drawing/painting portrait class as well as getting ready for an art show I'm in this weekend.

I thought I would post these two recent works, I did, from Misty's class. One is a black/white portrait drawing using a Stabilo pencil and Titanium White paint. The other is a drawing and then painting with Caran D'ache crayons and Shiva Oil sticks. The background is done with gesso, stamping, collaged decorative napkins, and Titan Buff acrylic.

Hope you all are well and enjoying your time. I will be catching up with your Blogs over the weekend to see what beautiful artwork you've been doing.

Enjoy the upcoming weekend; I'll be thinking of all of you!

Much love - Marilyn xxoo

24 comments:

sharon said...

Mariyln, you are becoming quite the master! I love the black and white as well as the color. I love the napkin in there. I love your everchanging blog page header. I love, love, love!!!!

Diane said...

You are really coming into your own now, Marilyn--I love the painted one--very unique!!

Caterina Giglio said...

you are just rocking this Marilyn love the top piece with the words in the background! and your header keeps me on my toes!! xo

Buffy said...

You have been alittle quiet this week,you must be sketching and painting away. I love both of these. Good luck at your art show.

Sandy said...

OMG these are beautiful.
Really great painting work. Love them.

Have a wonderful weekend my dear.

Jacky said...

Beautiful Marilyn... I especially love the look achieved with the caran d'ache and shiva paintsticks.
Good luck with your upcoming art show too!

Jacky xox

vintage wil said...

Really great painting!!!!

Terri Kahrs said...

Well, just LOOK at YOU, Ms. Marilyn!!! Awesome work! You're really beginning to develop your own style, and it's lovely. Hugs, Terri xoxo

Alexandra said...

I love your painting with the flowers. Have a nice weekend Marilyn. Hugs Alexandra

Patti G. said...

Just beautiful Marilyn! This latest one with the black and white is gorgeous.......love the shading and the proportions!!!!! Pefectly lovely!!!!!!!!
Hugs,Patti

Diane J. Evans said...

You just keep getting better and better, Marilyn -- beautiful pieces!

Diane

Lynne said...

Marilyn, your painting is awesome!!! I love everything about it!!! And the drawing...girl, you've got it going on!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Both of these are darling. I'm even more impressed with your mixed media piece. I love the napkin background.

I see you changed your blog banner again (header seems to be the correct word). Very nice.

johanna said...

again both pieces are marvelous! you are right in your element!!
oxox, johanna

Createology said...

I like these very much, especially the colored and collaged painting. You are really blossoming in your art. Keep creating...

~*~Patty S said...

Both of your ladies are so expressive and lovely!
How exciting to be part of an art show too!
Good thing that was scheduled for N VA, we are in the midst of a "snowmageddon" ... hoping it's a big hit for you Marilyn!!!
Your blog header is again strikingly beautiful! So much lovely art up your sleeve, TFS!
oxo

Tolegranny said...

You are doing great Marilyn. Will continue to watch your creativity grow. I love the way you keep changing your header too.

Debbie said...

wow! You are really doing great in your class! Nice work!

Jill Zaheer said...

Love watching your paintings evolve through your class. There's always so much life and energy in your work that's just great!

Femmy said...

again such a beautiful painting!! you are so creative!!!

Martina said...

WOW, Marilyn! Your painting is so stunning! !! I have no words enough to say how I love this!
Wish you a wonderful week, my friend!

Lori Saul said...

Another gorgeous blog header and what a wondrous work this new piece is- very emotive!

Laura Haviland said...

Wow Marilyn your progress is awesome !! These are wonderful and the ladies face has such expression. Can wait to see what is next dear friend.
How are you?
Hugs, Laura. xoxx

lindacreates said...

Your drawings are wonderful Marilyn.
Thank you for sharing your art. I am hoping to get back to mine.