
I am having fun with my guided path to create a series of Angel-themed works.
This is the second of my series and I call this the Angel of Hope.
Sometimes, when we think and feel that things are just not right in our lives; life, in general, offers us twists and turns and there is no way of predicting no matter how much we think we have things in line.
I happen to think good health and enjoying the passing of time is the secret to a good life. But; I do know, from experience, that life is very fragile and we must treasure our days as if they are gifts.
The Angel of Hope offers us just that! Hope for things getting better when times get bad, hope for better health if our health or the health of a loved one, has been compromised, hope for a brighter emotional state if we find ourselves getting down or blue. Hey! Maybe that's why I painted this Angel blue!!! And; she does have a sad face but - I wanted her that way. We are not always happy are we?
That's another thing I've learned in my old age....happiness is not a permanent state of being. It's all about the moments; it fluctuates with the tide of life. Our lives!
I offer you all the hope that this Angel of Hope brings. May you grasp the joyous moments, in your life, turn to the things that bring it to you and enjoy! Seize the day!
Wishing you all a joyous weekend ahead; and many happy moments!
If I'm a little "quiet" over the weekend, I am teaching a journaling workshop with my dear friend Kerri Posson. So; I have lots to do and prep and am very much looking forward to the happy moments sharing some art with some very special people in my life!
Thinking of you all! Much love - Marilyn xxoo
PS Thank you for your wonderful responses and comments to my Angel of Trust (previous post). I love reading your definition of an angel! You all are so inspiring to me!
26 comments:
Love your angel of Hope!!!
Debby
i completely agree with you! age gives us a great perspective doesnt it? lovely angel! you angel you!
your angel of hope comes just right in time - and your thoughts, too! i will go to hospital next week to have a surgery, and hope is what i really need!! thanks for showing us another wonderful angel, i hope the series will go on... it is so uplifting!!!
Your creation is unique and magnificent, dear Marilyn. Beautiful!
Wish you a wonderful weekend.
MARTINA xxx
Just beutiful Marilyn! Thanks for your insight, and I will agree...age teaches us that nothing is permanent, and good or bad it will not last forever. But that is the miracle of life! I love the layering in this piece...
Have a wonderful weekend with your class!
How true Marilyn. We need our downs in order to feel our ups and hope I guess helps us to keep the balance!
Thank you for your great comment on my block and we will find our own way!
Have a lovely weekend.
XxX
Manon
I love your current Angel. I often think we hope for things that are not within our grasp, but in hope they can be obtained. Your comments about hope are so insightful and true. The Angel of Hope is simply another beautiful example of your mixed media talent. She delights me when I see her.
Good luck teaching this weekend. I KNOW it will be a success. You are very inspiring on your blog, I know your students will be inspired, too.
What a beautiful piece and beautiful prose as well!! Have a fabulous time at our journaling workshop- lucky students!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth
This is a wonderful painting Marilyn. Have a nice weekend. Hugs Alexandra
I love your angel of Hope reminding us never to give up on it!
I think your Angel of Hope is perfect. She has a look of "don't give up" not sadness when I look at her. You are so right that life is all about the journey along the way.
Have a wonderful joyful class.
Keep creating...
INBELIEVABLE !!!
Wow this is perfect. Love them.
Have a wonderful weekend my friend.
Hi Marilyn,your angel of hope is beautiful and I love the meaning of it. We all need an angel like that. Have fun teaching at your workshop!
Marilyn, I just love this angel of HOPE! She is peaceful and the background is soft and wonderful! You are right, she is poised for the next moment that will reflect the good things to come! I love that!
P.S. You are not going to believe our ANGEL connect! Pop over to my blog!!!!!!
The angels are with us Marilyn!
Hugs,Patti
What a beautiful angel of hope. This is such a wonderful series that you're doing!
such a beautiful angel!!
have a great weekend.
Marilyn, your angels are gorgeous!!! You are painting, creating & inspiring others so fast, that I feel like I've been away too long!!! So happy that you have found your guided path!!! Love ya
Gorgeous! I love everything about it: the contrasting colors, the detailed background, and the adorable angel.
I love both angels. My definition of angels would be a spirit from heaven sent to give messages to us and protect us. I'm taking an angel class from Suzi, so I hope to have an angel painting soon!
Beautiful art work and I'll definitely be back, Marilyn. Thank you so much for visiting my blog.
Your Angel of Hope is really lovely Marilyn and your words accompanying her! Thank you for sharing!
This Einstein quote is a fav:
“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow.”
My Mom always says: Hope springs eternal :)
oxo
What a beautiful paiting!!!!!
Every time I think I have found my favourite piece on your blog a new one appears. This is fantastic, Marilyn!
Oh Marilyn, I didn't check your blog recently and I missed this post till now. It has made my day as I have been depressed today and crying and wondering. Good news is all around me yet I don't feel good about my life. This Angel of Hope is just what I needed. Thank you dear friend.
Thank you for your beautiful angel. You are so so right about life being fragile and enjoying every day. I needed to see your angel today. I am continuously plagued with poor health, I guess I expected to bounce back, but am learning it doesn't always happen that way. Thanks for the hope! p.s. I don't use the mouse "thing" on my laptop, I have a separate mouse and it makes it so much easier. Hope that helps.
Oh Marilyn, this is absolutely gorgeous!!!
Post a Comment