
I think creating my first angel work (previous post) has led me to creating more angels. Maybe the first one is guiding me :)
This is a mixed-media piece that I worked on yesterday. I call it the Trust Angel. I drew her and painted her with acrylics and Caran D'ache watercolor crayons.
I've never worked on a "series" of paintings, so I'm being guided into creating a series of angel works. This is my first one of a series (more to come).
This particular piece was done on an 8 x 10 canvas; I guess this is my first canvas work, too, with my own drawing. Lots of firsts! :)
While creating this, I got to thinking.........what is an angel? What does that mean to you? I'd love to read your reply, here, in your comments.
To some, an angel might have a religious connotation. To me, an angel, is someone who is kind to people, caring, and warm with a keen sense of humor. Someone we can trust, who has good character and a solid value system who treasures family and friends, loves animals, cares about the environment, enjoys helping people in need.
Sounds like it sums up all of you :)
I find I'm really, at peace, working on my angels. I'm a bit of a "shaker and a mover" and perhaps this is "my angels" way of telling me I need to slow down a bit; take life a little calmer and more peacefully. I will follow the lead and see where this takes me; another art journey - I'm loving the ride!
Thank you all for your lovely comments you leave here upon your visit. You are all my angels! Again; would love to read, here, what an angel means to you.
Enjoy your day, may it offer you peace and joy!
Love always................................Marilyn xxoo
32 comments:
Oh Marilyn, this is my absolute favourite...such a beautiful piece (are you going to sell this one?)
To me Angels mean peace and give me a feeling of well being. I'm sure we have Angels watching over us.
Jacky xox
Everyone has met their guardian angel more than once in their life, I believe. I can think of times when perfect strangers helped me, and later on thinking of it-I realized they were angels in my life. I love your angel, and the peaceful feeling it gives.
I totally agree with your defination of an angel, Marilyn. I really think you hit the nail on the head. I feel that my friends are my angels they all are supportive, loving people that make me believe in myself and my art.
this is just awesome Marilyn, I think it works on so many levels and has a calming and loving presence! great work!
Marilyn, what an absolutely lovely piece! This is beyond awesome! I love it!!!!!!!!
Angels....I really believe in them and in my heart I feel angels are STRENGTH. They have loyality,love,compassion and above all are full of strength! That soft shell houses an inner strength. I also believe that angels are full of personality and totally under-rated! :0)
Huggies,Patti
Your angel is beautiful!!! I love painting angels, too, although I've only painted a few. I had such a wonderful, peaceful feeling while I painted them.
To me, angels represent hope and love and peace. I love the conversation you've started here!
xo
Angela
Oh wow this is again so beautiful.
Fantastic structure and colors. Love them.
OMG, this is just gorgeous Marilyn...the color, the textures, ...I adoooore this! Your drawing makes it so personal, she is beautiful. An angel to me is someone who can touch that spot in my soul....with laughter, comfort, support, kindness,....in other words, the same thing you said, like so many of our friends do everyday.
Gorgeous, gorgeous!
I"m sooo happy that you're listening to your angels' whispers, Marilyn. This piece is truly serene and stunning. Can't wait to see more of this beautiful series.
When you asked what the word angel means, thoughts of peace, serenity, guidance, and generosity of spirit come to mind. Angels represent and radiate supreme love, kindness and purity. Love & Blessings, Terri xoxo
She is magical. I love her. I think we are all angels...we just need to try harder.
Marilyn, I`m in awe of your creative mind. It has delicious colours and plenty of texture. It is just plain gorgeous!
i absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this angel!!! angels are often a theme in my work, too - i´m sure we are guided and guarded by them!
Marilyn I think you have said all there is about Angels. I believe we have them watching over us all the time. We have so many because we need lots of help and guidance in so many areas. At least I know I do. This will be a wonderful series of angel paintings. Keep creating...
Fabulous work!!!!
looking forward to more angels Marilyn
your angel of trust certainly is beautiful in every detail!
sending you Peace * Love * Light
oxo
Hi Marilyn,I saw your angel this morning and tried to leave a comment but for some reason it did'nt work,(probably because I just woke up)I thought I would try to leave a comment when I got to work(internet down all day)anyway I was thinking about angels all day and what they mean to me,I always believed they were all around protecting us from things that were'nt suppose to happen to us,it was'nt our time yet,then I started sketching today at work(because of the no internet situation) and next thing I know it was an angel on her knees praying. So now I also think they pray for us too. I think I'm going to post my sketch on my blog soon but I'm going to do a painting too. So thanks for the inspiration and your Angel is so beautiful and peaceful looking.
Oh, I love this! Good definition-angels bring me a sense of peace, calm and strength.
This is beautiful Marilyn. I think you have found your niche right now. Follow your heart and let the angels lead you.
Angels have come to me during my previous battle with cancer. My grandmother was with them and they danced around me and it was so peaceful and beautiful. They reassured me I would be okay. I was going through heavy duty chemo at the time and it gave me such peace and joy. During this last serious illness my dear Missy came to me twice as an angel. Again it gave me a message of reassurance that I would be okay. They are all around us!
Marilyn keep being a mover and shaker.LOL.. Live life that is you ...
Your such an angel friend.
I love this art piece the feeling get from looking at this angel. The color work lovely,she speaks peace.
I enjoyed your post so much, so clever you are. Your amazing and love your blog.
Hugs Laura. xoxx
Love ya lots.....
This is heavenly!
Wow, I go off for a day and you have a ton of comments on your Angel post. I haven't had time to read what others consider an angel, but I have always thought of an angel as someone who comes to your aid or protects you in times of sorrow, need, or hardship. After reading your description, I think I'm going to rethink my definition.
All those firsts are pretty special, too.
I think your angels pieces are the most inspiring of all, Marilyn -- and couldn't we all use a few more angles in our lives??
Diane
This is truly a beautful piece... I love the way you are using your lovely drawings in your collages. Have a wonderful day, dear angel M!! xox Deb
It's funny how we use this word "'angel", but independent of your painting being of an angel, it's "angelic"! Soothing, peaceful- giving off such a warm embrace!
I think angels watch over us, but are also in us- to give us our strength when we think we have no more to give! Angels are a spiritual representation of the wondrous things that happen that we can't explain!
Marilyn, My heart did a flip when I saw this picture....it's absolutely not only beautiful but comforting and thought provoking. This collection of angels is going to be something else......
Angels to me do have a spiritual connotation...The Bible says that God assigns one to each child...I think they protect us, and comfort us and are with us all the time.
In fact, years ago I used to collect angels...
You have really inspired me...
Hugs and Blessings,
Butterfly
it's beautiful Marilyn!! love the backgroundcolours!!
have a great weekend!
I love your angel!! She's really lovely!
It must be angel month because I have been commissioned to carve a large angel. To me angels mean peace, serenity, nurturing, calm, love ... the list could get very long and yours pretty much sums it up.
Marilyn,
she is just so beautiful! Calm and serene and I'm sure she's a good listener if you ever needed to talk and get her advice. To me angels are hovering just a few feet above us-watching over us 24/7 keeping us safe and - ready to intervene as needed.
Marilyn your Angel is fantastic!
Beautiful. I believe in the idea of a guardian angel as a presence that guides and protects us when we most need them. And I've met a few real-life angels too - you're one of em, Marilyn.
oh what GORGEOUS colors!!
Post a Comment