Friday, August 27, 2010

Fear? Not!

Here's another journal spread I had a chance to work on last night. I love the color gray and white combo and wanted the background to remain as much of that as possible. The images are from a very old drawing book I picked up at a flea market, reduced and copied them, and painted over for this spread.

I thought the image on the left appeared to be hesitating to go "on stage". Perhaps in her dressing room listening to her inner critic. Don't we all do that at times? I know I do! Fear is an interesting emotion; and we need some of it but sometimes it really can get in the way of our accomplishing something that we want to do. The image on the right is more confident and starting to soar! That's what can happen when we take that leap don't you agree?

I am wishing you all a safe and happy weekend with no fear when it comes to your artistic desires. Take the leap...................fear? Not!

Love to all......................Marilyn xxoo

26 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

These are stunning spreads. I love how the two images match so well and how you incorporated both through color and words into a cohesive design. Your fear not message comes through loud and clear.

Have a lovely weekend yourself, dear friend.

Dianne said...

This is so lovely! Love the colors, the content and the message...

~*~Patty S said...

stunning pages M
I have been thinking a lot about Love and Fear
Happiest of weekends to you and yours!
oxo

Nancy said...

Marilyn, You are so right on about fear...we must not let it enter into our lives and especially our art....You have taught me so much about "soaring"...

I love these pages....the color is so delicate yet strong...Beautiful work....

I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend...

Kimber said...

Love the BLUEbird. And the purple is striking with that gray and white background. What great journal pages. Fear not indeed!

Alexandra said...

I love your journal pages Marilyn! Hugs Alexandra

HeARTworks said...

What great details and colors! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Sandy said...

Oh wow wow wow wow wow so beuatiful journal pages again. Love the little dancer. Awesome.

Have a lovely weekend my dear.

Carol Q said...

gorgeous Marilyn. very mellow.

johanna said...

i do repeat myself... fantastic spread again, marilyn!
and yes, always fighting this inner critic... *sigh*...

Moniqui said...

Wow Marilyn, that is such a beautiful page! Love the colors, love the texture, love it!

Diane said...

You expressed this feeling SOOO well, Marilyn. And I so agree with you. I've been trying to do things that scare me--it's such a great feeling to overcome fear!

Buffy said...

You are so right about fear,we need to put it aside sometimes and take that leap. I love your spread,just beautiful and I love the colors.Very soft.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Marilyn
the colors, composition and images and so sweet! I love how delicate the spread feels. You always tell the most beautiful stories through your art! Have a wonderful weekend m'dear!

Rebecca Anthony said...

What an amazing two page spread!! I love the medallion you created as your backdrop!

Terri Kahrs said...

Beautiful spread, Marilyn! Sometimes our greatest successes are born out of conquering our fears. Hugs, Terri xoxo

Patti Sandham said...

You have been posting such great journal spreads lately but this one is exquisite! Love the soft pink and grey palette.

Have a wonderful weekend.
hugs

Anonymous said...

No inner critics allowed, isn't that what we are supposed to say to ourselves and each other? Lovely spread and kind, thoughtful words as always. xox Corrine

Peggy Beck said...

I love this spread Marilyn and I think you nailed the emotion right on the head. Fear certainly is my block but I tend to let it rule. Not strong enough right now to care, but seeing you soar makes my heart soar for you.

sharon said...

Your spread is so gorgeous Marilyn...the colors are dreamy, the message is profound.

Gaby Bee said...

Fabulous pages, Marilyn! Love the color combo...grey, white and pink...simply perfect!

Have a lovely day!

Sanja said...

Stunning work as always,Marilyn.
Hugs
Sanja xox

Patti G. said...

Marilyn, this is gorgeous! I am loving the WHITES, that gently highlight the aspects of the page! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fear not!!!!!!
Hugs,Patti

Lori Saul said...

Love these pages- beautiful colors and subject Marilyn. Such expressive pages!

Diane J. Evans said...

What a beautiful spread, Marilyn -- you have obviously not let any fear into your expression. These images sing, and your artwork is exquisite.

Diane

Martina said...

This is delightful, Marilyn!
Fantastic pages. I love them.