Friday, August 13, 2010

More Wiawaka :)









These are more photos that I took from my art retreat at the Wiawaka Holiday House from last weekend (previous post).

These are of more of the grounds and also the views from wherever you wander :)

You will see the veggie garden, here, among the photos and also the cool tree carving/ornament - awesome in person! I've also taken some, what I thought to be interesting, photos of things on my walk. The heart-shaped stone with the lily in the center was actually from a labyrinth path that is on the grounds. It's like a maze and you walk through it finding the open path to the center. One is supposed to pray, meditate, or just reflect on things while walking the path. Really neat!

The little "angel shrine" I came across deep in a wooden area; thought it was so peaceful to come across that on my walk.

The screened in pavilion is where my friend Peggy and I became "professional porchers" which is actually an activity there that is listed on the brochure for Wiawaka :) It took us no time to learn that activity :) The two rocking chairs, in the front, in the picture, are "our" chairs :)

I hope you've enjoyed the tour from my very therapeutic art retreat. I'm still feeling calm, relaxed and more at peace as a result of this experience.

Thinking of you all and wishing you a calm, relaxed, peaceful and artful weekend ahead.

I'll be back with some art work soon to share!

Love and peace to all! -Marilyn xxoo

17 comments:

Lovey said...

Looks so beautiful and peaceful Marilyn! Love that tree carving..and a loving the "professional porch-er" job! I could learn that one really fast too!! Smiles...beautiful!

Alexandra said...

If I look your pictures I can feel the quiet. Fantastic photos Marilyn. Have a nice weekend. Hugs Alexandra

Nancy said...

Marilyn, What a wonderful place to relax and create....I can just image how refreshing one would feel after a retreat in such a georgeous setting....The pictures really paint a story...I can't wait to hear and see more...

Have a wonderful weekend...

Hugs

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous place. I would like to be a professional porch watcher, nothing better than rocking to a view of the water, meditation in itself. Thanks for sharing. I am sure you time there will inspire your art. xox Corrine

Sandy said...

Oh wow so wonderful.
Your pictures are awesome Marilyn.

Have a lovely weekend my friend.

~*~Patty S said...

thank you for sharing more fab photos from your lovely getaway

lush calming colors and sights!

being a 'professional porcher' sounds like my cup of tea ;)

Happy Friday M
oxo

Diane said...

Total heaven---how could you not be renewed and refreshed after this--thank you so much for sharing your retreat with us!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Holy cow. That tree sculpture is sensational. Such a lovely back drop for it, too. I was nearly sedated as I was reading your post. The serene atmosphere is really evident in your photos. These photos ROCK!

Poetic Artist said...

JUST WOW...The Tree carving..It looks so relaxing...ENJOY>>>>
Katelen

Peggy Beck said...

Oh Marilyn, your photos are so much nicer than mine. I have one of you in the Labyrinth though. I love this as a reminder of our time spent there and porching. Such fun. Only 11 months to go before we do it again maybe with some more peeps.

Buffy said...

Looks like such a peaceful place. I bet you came back relaxed and inspired. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Marlynn said...

Oh my, Marilyn, it looks so incredible, peaceful, and serene. I love your photos! I need to go have some tea and unwind after viewing these marvelous photos and wonderful post! Hugs, girlfriend.

Diane J. Evans said...

How green and lush! What inspiration and serenity! Thanks for sharing these beautiful photos.

Diane

Patti G. said...

I would have adored being in this peaceful place Marilyn! I love love love the woman tree carving wtih her hands high and the greenery there placed perfectly! LOVE that!!!!!!
Beautiful, so glad you enjoyed!
Hugs,Patti

Marilyn & Jeff said...

What an awesome art retreat - your photos are like a retreat in themselves!

Janny said...

You are a lucky lady but thank you for sharing;o)

Sugar Lump Studios said...

wow! what a gorgeous place! makes me want to pack a bag and run away! :)