Sunday, August 22, 2010

New Paperbag Studio Stamps and Felted Journal Cover



































I have the privilege of being on the Design Team for Paperbag Studios and Roben-Marie Smith recently announced her new line of rubber stamps. I'm working on a mini book for Cloth Paper Scissors magazine, for one of their challenges, and thought it would be fun to use Roben-Marie's new stamps! They are awesome and when you get a chance, please check them out. I have linked the website above that is highlighted.

These are photos of the spreads I have done, thus far, in the mini book and I had a ball incorporating the new stamps. I've used parts of them in some form. I just love the houses; so versatile.

Paperbag Studio stamps are really cool and you can mix and match them for journaling, card making, collage, mixed-media pieces - anything goes!

Remember my felted piece from my Wiawaka Retreat (previous posts)? Well; the top photo is the finished product. I decided to use the piece as the journal cover for this mini book.

I added some needle felted flowers, french silk ribbons, more fibers and the closure for the journal is some of the fibers that were hanging off each side, I tied them with ribbons and am using a vintage buckle for a loose tie.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend. We've finally cooled off, here, and I am enjoying the air. It's raining but a good day to get some art done. We need the rain so badly, too.

Have a safe and happy week ahead; thoughts of you all are always with me!

Much love - Marilyn xxoo

29 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Beautiful Lucious and glorious!!! I want to touch it!!! Love what you have done with the inside as well!!

Carol Q said...

ooh you've done wonderful things with the new stamps Marilyn, love how you've incorporated them into you work. they are perfect for journalling spreads aren't they? (nice PBS blog badge by the way! LOLOL)

Anonymous said...

Rain here too- hooray-finally. That is some splashy cover for that mini book, wahoo...xox Corrine

Kimber said...

Wow - that book is amazing! Love the felting. Such vibrant colors.
The stamps look like great fun! Can't ever have enough rubber stamps, right? :)

Nancy said...

What wonderful pages, Marilyn....love the rich colors and the way you've used the stamps....and the cover is to die for...Great job.....

Glad it's cooled off where you are; it hasn't here...maybe we will get some of that rain soon...

Caterina Giglio said...

wonderful! I like your funky zenful work!!

~*~Patty S said...

gorgeous
colorful
and so inviting
you must be so pleased with how your book turned out!

we are still steaming hot ... enjoy your breath of fresh air :)
oxo

Peggy Beck said...

The finished product is everything beautiful and more. Great job on this. Hope to see it in Cloth Paper and Scissors. Love ya

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Nice way to incorporate the felting you made at the retreat. It's always nice to see a completed piece. And those houses are adorable. Along with birds (yep, I saw those gorgeous birds on a wire), houses are a favorite theme of mine. Your backgrounds are stunning, too.

Send me some of your cool weather, please. Once again, it's baking in the midwest.

Diane J. Evans said...

this looks like you had so much fun, Marilyn -- I love the way you finished the cover! It says, "Come play!"

Diane

Nan said...

Beautiful beautiful felted cover! I love the house themed stamps and how you used them.

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

Oh I wish I could touch and feel and turn these pages. Gorgeous work Marilyn. Absolutely gorgeous.

Sandy said...

Yeah I love this new stamps and your creation are fabulous. Amazing and beautiful. Love them all.

Kaz said...

I am always SO impressed with felting as I wouldn't have clue where to start, the cover of this mini book is stunning, would love to rummage through the pages, love the new PBS stamps too, you've used them so originally. Gorgeous work as always Marilyn. xox

Diane said...

Oooh, I can feel the fun in these pages--love what you've done with the stamps. And THANKS for the link--you always lead me to such great products!

Buffy said...

Gorgeous journal pages. Wow you have been busy. I love all the houses. And your journal cover is Gorgeous too,I wish I could feel it.

Gaby Bee said...

Your book cover is incredible, Marilyn!
Love the felting and the lush colors!
The new Paperbag stamps look like fun. Your creations are fantasic.

Patti G. said...

Marilyn,
What a FUN felted and stamped book!
LOVE all the fibers too. The felting is wonderful and I love the beautiful pages of color, they are vibrant and pretty! I will check in on the new stamps! :0)
Hugs,Patti

Terri Kahrs said...

Using your awesome felted cover for your journal is a wonderful idea, Marilyn! Pure yumminess inside and out!!! Fabulous! Hugs, Terri xoxo

vintage wil said...

Gorgeous pages!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh Marilyn this is superb. I love how colourful the whole book is. fabulous felting and stunning pages
hugs June xxxxx

Sugar Lump Studios said...

oh Miss Marilyn - what gorgeous creations you have made. I really love the mix of colors...so playful and full of whimsy! beautiful art as always m'dear!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Love all your colorfull vibrant creations.
They are always an inspiration for me, I love it to visit your fantastic blog!
Hugs Anja

johanna said...

wonderful - you really made me curious for these stamps! great spreads, great texture!

Alexandra said...

Your feltet journal cover is fantastic Marilyn and the new stamps are rellay fantastic. Have a nice week Marilyn. Hugs Alexandra

Sharon McGarry Sams said...

That felted cover is marvelous!! Sophia is just too cute for words....

roc said...

love your new stamps!

bockel24 said...

wow, I love these!

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

I love the way you have used the new pbs stamps. Your journal pages are an inspiration!