This is a recent journal spread I've completed. It reflects my feelings for my granddaughter; realizing each time, I'm with her, how much she has enhanced my life.I am so enjoying Pam Carriker's
online journal class. Her gentle way and creative ideas have really inspired me. She has really encouraged us to use our own images in our art.
Here; for this spread, the image on the left is actually a black/white print out of an old photo of me in my much-younger days :) The image on the right is of a black/white print out of a photo of Sophia. I've used just the faces and created my own funky bodies. The images are obscured with painting over them but are a great base for creating a meaningful journal page/spread.
How's everyone doing out there? I hope fine and we are half-way through another week already. Hope you are having a good one and your upcoming weekend will be relaxing and fun!
We've had steady rain, here, for the past few days; it's been much-needed but it feels, now, like it's not going to stop!
Thank you all for your continued support of my art and words, here, I wouldn't want to be without you!
Much love - Marilyn xxoo
25 comments:
Oh I love, love, love this spread with the robins and the hearts and those blue eggs. All about nesting and mothering(grand). Just grand. xox Corrine
Wow wow wow wow wow wow this is wonderful.
Amazing new journal art. Love the little flowers.
The matching hearts that you and Sophia have in these spreads speaks volumes. That nest is so symbolic, too. This is a gorgeous journal entry. Love it all.
more precious pages Marilyn and brilliant using your own photos ... Love all of the sweet and tender touches ... just perfect for how you feel about this amazing little girl in your lives!
oxo
I really like your pages--wonderful idea about using the photos. I took a live class from Pam. She's a good teacher!
Just fabulous you have outdone yourself, Marilyn! I LOVE IT!
Oh Marilyn, so touching and lovely. This would make a wonderful gift for Sophia when she is older. Ü
Hugs,
Barb
lovely sweet pages Marilyn and I so feel the same about you!! so nice to know you! xx's
Your love for Sweet Sophia shines in every stroke and detail on this spread, Marilyn! Wonderful work - truly special!!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo
another gorgeous spread... i always love to come to your blog!
Your journal art work is wonderful. I love seeeing your work.
Isn't it wonderful to have inspirations shared with us so we might grow and experience even more of our artistic talents?!! Lovely journal pages and how special to honor Sophia. Happy creating...
What a cool idea to use your own face(s). Very inspiring.
wonderful journal pages marilyn! pam teaches some great classes! so happy you are enjoying her. i personally think the world of her! and aren't grandchildren the best!! happy creating!
Wow what a clever artist you are "sweet" Marilyn.
How truly lovely,so special. A treasure forever more.
I love everything about this journal spread,amazing art work.
Thanks for sharing.
Love,Laura.xoxx
I really like this..It is wonderful. Sounds like you are enjoying the class.
Take care.
Katelen
Marilyn, this is priceless...your heart is shining all through this beautiful page....
This will mean so much to Sophia when she's older....wonderful affirmation of your love for her....
Hugs sweet friend.....
Your journal spread is so special--you're benefiting very well from Pam's class--what an adventure this must be--to be in a class for a year.
Oh I wish I could take pams journaling course, I love this page,especially love that you used your own images. Lots of great symbols in this one.
This is flowing with love Marilyn! It can be seen and felt! Sweet Sophia is such a joy......precious moments and precious artful expression of it!!!!!!!!!
Love it!
Hugs,Patti
So amazing, the pages have a very private character, really gorgeous.
Hugs Anja
This is so precious and amazing.
I'm inspired to do a sort of journaling about my mother and this kind of sparked me even more.
xoxo Kim
Another beautiful spread in your journal with such personal connection. You and Sophia remind me of my relationship with my grandaughter and it will grow to be more wonderful with each year.
Nice work as always Marilyn. Love
Marilyn your journal pages are stunning. I love the colors and the faces from you and Sophia. In Germany is raining too and you have with Sophia the sun in your heart. Hugs Alexandra
very playful and fun! I also love the hearts (my fave) and eggs! You ROCK (literally)! :)
Post a Comment