Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Angel


In a previous post, I uploaded a picture of my project from Pam Carriker's Angel's Anthology online workshop (see sidebar).

This is my completed project. I decided not to add additional color; I love the shabby-chic look of this. I did mix raw umber with some interference gold to tone things down a bit, painted the face, added some more buttons to the bottom portion, and more cheesecloth was just the touch to tone down the red wing.

Thanks for all of your suggestions, on this, I appreciated your input. The red wing was too much of the focus.

For a final touch, added some areas of Diamond Dust for a little sparkle.

This was so much fun.....thanks Pam! I intend to do a couple more of these. I think I want the canvas to be a little larger. This is on an 8 x 10.

Hope you all had a great weekend; we are at the beginning of a new week and I wish you a safe, happy, and artful one!

Much love - Marilyn xxoo

32 comments:

Sugar Lump Studios said...

I love both versions - the texture is truly amazing in this piece! Always love your creations m'dear! Hope you have a wonderful week - we had some flakes fall on Friday but nothing major...enjoying the temps while I can! :)

Buffy said...

She came out beautiful,although I loved her before too. Have a great week too.

Patti G. said...

Wow, Marilyn, this came out fantastic. I had to super size it and take a good long look. So much texture and depth, just amazing! Love the bits of subtle color....it did not need more. It is lovely!!!!!!
Hugs,Patti

Peggy Beck said...

She's gorgeous Marilyn. I too liked her before as well, but I like the softness and purity of this one.

angela recada said...

Your angel is gorgeous! I love the subtle colors and all the texture.

I hope you have a beautiful holiday season.
xoxoxo
Angela

Anonymous said...

Oh this is gorgeous Marilyn. I love how you muted everything and added so much richness with the buttons and swirls on the wing. xox Corrine

~*~Patty S said...

Love the shabby chic look and the bit you added in the upper left hand corner is a great touch too M
Sometimes pieces need to sit and percolate for us to know if they need tweaking or not!
You must be so pleased with your class...the results certainly are super!
oxo

Nancy said...

Marilyn, They are both wonderful but different.....you seem to see more of the entire piece with this one...I love all the texture and items that you have added....You have taken so many different elements and made them into a beautiful piece of art......

I hope you have a wonderful and creative week....Hugs

Lori Saul said...

I love the soft creamy color palette and your use of buttons is stunning. Gorgeous vintage art angel Marilyn. Happy Holidays to you!

Sandy said...

Really really delightful angel.
Absolutely amazing. I love them.

Terri Kahrs said...

Sooooo lovely, Marilyn! I love the shabby chic look of this piece. And I'll be it shimmers beautifully "in person"! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Unknown said...

Just awesome Marilyn! So beautiful and I'm so glad you participated in the class. Have a wonderful holiday season!

Alexandra said...

Fantastic work Marilyn! Have a nice time my friend.
Hugs Alexandra

Dianne said...

She's lovely... great use of the buttons too!

Sharon McGarry Sams said...

I do love the finished product! Alot more interesting and great texture.

Sharon McGarry Sams said...

The finished work is alot more interesting and layered. Very fun!

Createology said...

Oh Marilyn I thought it was wonderful before but now I am over the moon in love with it. It has such an ethereal quality to it now. So soft and beautiful. Happy week to you my dear...

johanna said...

yes, i would also call it ethereal... fantastic texture!!

Femmy said...

love your christmasangel marilyn!!
great texture and subtile colours!!

jgr said...

Marilyn she is stunning! I love the subtle rich color and (gasp!) the texture is awesome.

Caterina Giglio said...

love this white piece with the little angel! just beautiful Marilyn!

Elizabeth said...

Oh I adore this Banner picture marilyn!! You sent it to me as a Christmas card last year and I proudly display it in my studio year round!!!

As for your Angel piece, it is glorious!! I love all of the texture and the buttons and I think that toning down the red was the perfect solution!! Bravo!!!

vintage wil said...

Oh this is gorgeous!!!

Kerri Jean said...

absolutely beautiful marilyn, I could just dive into all those textures!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous art work love them both. Also love your new festive banner
hugs June x

Marlynn said...

You know you like never ever disappoint me with your angels. Bless you girlfriend! M

Createology said...

Love your new holiday banner.
Previously commented on the beautiful ethereal angel. Happy December dear...

sharon said...

I do adore the softness of her! She is very special.

Laura Haviland said...

Lovely Marilyn,
I just love the two Christmas angels. Truly beautiful they are.
I adore your journal portait too, fabulous *****.
Wishing you are great week.
Hugs and Love Laura. xoxx

Deborah said...

Such a stunning angel, Marilyn. You have such talent!

Alexandra said...

Wow Marilyn your Christmas Angel is a dream and your new desigen and banner looks great! Have a wonderful time.
Hugs Alexandra

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This finished piece is wonderful. After seeing both versions, I agree about the red wing. Adding the buttons to the bottom of the outfit helped balance the piece, I believe. Of course, it was good to see both for comparison. And I can tell you are really getting a LOT out of your class. Hope you're not snowed in. Thought of that when I saw your new blog banner.