

I had a chance to work on a portrait sketch, awhile ago, and thought I would share this. I had no reference model; just kind of started out practicing and this is the result.
Last night I was relaxing and decided I wanted to paint this sketch. I tried out these Copic markers I have and ended up really enjoying them. I only purchased a handful, choosing colors for faces; they are a bit pricey. The dress was done with Conte crayons.
I will use "her" for a future journal page.
Hope you're all having a good week. We had some really wild weather, yesterday, and things are simmering down today. There are still some power outages. I hope you and yours that live in the area of this storm are all okay. The temperature, here, went from 61 degrees to 38 in less than in hour! Crazy!
We have a weekend coming up and I hope you all have a safe and happy one!
My continued thanks to you for all of your lovely comments and feedback you leave for me. I just love sharing art and life with you all!
Love, Marilyn xxoo
25 comments:
Wow! She's beautiful, Marilyn!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo
what a beauty you created M
she has such a kind and knowing look and I adore her dress too!
sounds like we had similar weather...it certainly feels like Dec today :)
Enjoy Enjoy fa la la
oxo
Marilyn, your talents have no boundaries....I love this picture and you did a great job with the markers...I am having fun playing with them also...
Be safe and warm......
Wonderful drawing Marilyn, She's a young ingenue.
Enjoying the Christmas banner. xox Corrine
Marilyn, she is beautiful! Love it! :)
She's adorable,love her polka dot dress. I can't believe the temp dropped that fast,its alittle chilly down here in florida too. Have a great weekend!
she's beautiful marilyn!!!
So so beautiful.
Your drawing is perfect. Wonderful. I love it.
She is beautiful Marilyn!
Beautiful portrait Marilyn...I havent tried the copic markers (nor seen them for sale). I will keep an eye out for them. Do love the conte pastels/crayons though.
Jacky xox
She is very pretty marilyn and her complexion so soft. Very nice work and I can't wait to see her in a journal page. You continue to inspire me.
She is so beautiful. Her face is soft and amazing. I don't have copic markers but I understand they are worth the money. Happy weekend to you my dear and be warm and safe in this crazy weather we are all experiencing...
I live this one. I especially like her lips, not to mention her poke a dot dress. I like doing faces from my imagination now with I draw as much as from a reference and maybe even more. I find it less stress, more carefree. How about you? I get the feeling you are the same. :)
Cheers
She's lovely in color...
so wonderful again, marilyn - and i love her blue polka dot dress so much!
she is lovely Marilyn! I always love seeing your artwork! Your new blog banner is adorable! Hope you have a wonderful weekend and stay warm. :)
What a wonderful portrait! I love how you have coloured it. I use promarkers rather than copics - cheaper (although no replaceable nibs).
Gorgeous gal, Marilyn!
Gorgeous Marilyn! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
She is lovely, Marilyn -- your drawings are so inspirational -- makes me want to get out my supplies and have at it!
Diane
The new markers look like they really blend nicely. Your girl looks great!
This is a fantastic illustration! :)
-pamela
Talented Marilyn, she is so awesome !!! I love her...
Thinking of you, Biggest Hugs, Love Laura. xoxx
Again I think she is my new fave !!! Wowsa ... LOL
Wow Marilyn - I would have never guessed you used Copic markers on her face. You've come such a long way with portraits! Beautiful!
Marilyn - She is incredibly beautiful. Could you tell me where I can find instructions for the Snowmen Bottles. My daughter is coming home from college next week and I thought that would be a fun project for us to work on together. Thanks you. Happy Holidays. Robin
Post a Comment