Saturday, April 16, 2011

Back to some serious art.....file folder spread #3


This is a picture of the third spread in my file-folder journal. I really enjoyed using some of my Paper Whimsy images in this journal.

I copied the image on my ink jet and then transferred it onto the page with gel medium. I love the distressed appearance of transfers. The gate stamp seemed appropriate to stamp over the image; it's a Hero Arts stamp and I was waiting for the right moment to use it.

I hope you're all on a good start to your weekend!

Love yas....................Marilyn xxoo

25 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

Now this is just gorgeous!

johanna said...

i can´t get enough of this! excellent!!!!!!!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

this is soooo lovely! beautiful work! I am loving see each new spread. The trees are starting to bud here - pouring rain today, but April showers bring May flowers right?! :) Have a wonderful weekend my dear! :)

Wooded Solitude said...

I just love the look of this journal! I could not find the video on DD website. Do you have quick access to it to e-mail to me? Thanks.
Sharon Sams
ssams1212@gmail.com

Janet Ghio said...

I love the transfer with the gate over--very nice and your new header looks great!

Heavens2Betsy said...

Fabulous Marilyn. I love the gate stamp and the way that you've used it. Thanks for calling by. Penny

Marlynn said...

Marilyn: I love all three spreads in your file folder art journal. I keep going back and forth between them all. Curious is you sewing your file folders together in the center. It keeps look like more than two file folders to me so I am confusing my self! LOL. Keep the photos coming. LOVE them - your sump pump is cool and so happy you won/t be having to worry about any more flooding! Hugs

Anonymous said...

I love this journal Marilyn, this is such a neat project and it seems like you are really enjoying this. xox Corrine

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

What a fantastic shape your journal is. Love how tall and slim it is. Your pages are wonderful. So much gorgeous detail.

Carol Q said...

mah Lord I love this book Marilyn. as Jo says, it's a great shape and the work you are putting into it is definitely some of my favourite.

Createology said...

This is wonderful. Looks like the little girl wants to get outside the gate and play in the sunshine! Errands are run and now to work around the pond. Yay! Happy weekend dear Marilyn...

Wildflowerhouse said...

Love the look of this. I agree she wants to come out and play!

Helmi said...

Looks great, I love this art...file folder.
grt, Helmi

Buffy said...

Another Gorgeous one,love the birds on top and the gate. I have that same stamp and I don't think I ever used it lol. I just loved it!

sharon said...

Gorgeous! You sure did a great job with that Paper Whimsy image and the gate, that is awesome! I love PW stuff, and I love your pages, the distress is perfect too. Keep going and going Marilyn! BTW, the colors are fab!

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Allways and ever a celeebration for me to visit your blog to admire your fantastic creativity.
Hugs Anja

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

First, I love the new blog banner. It is so warm and fun.

Second, although I really like these lovely file folders, I'm having trouble envisioning how two of them got placed together. They are especially beautiful, though, and I was wondering what the size of each folder is. Your new foam stamps seem to be the perfect size at least.

Diane said...

Beautiful!!!and I agree--I love the look that transfers give too.

Diane J. Evans said...

Lovely, Marilyn -- these have such an ethereal quality to them. They truly have a calming effect on my soul.

Diane

Sanja said...

Beautiful new blog banner ,Marilyn.
loev your file folder .Fabulos work.

Have a nice day dear Marilyn.
Hugs
Sanja

Lori Saul said...

This is gorgeous and yes I love the distressed and aged appearance of gel transfers- they always have so much more depth and character. Lovely work Marilyn!

Martina said...

´*•.¸★♥★¸.•*´*★*´*•.¸★♥★¸.•*´
An exceptionally beautiful and artistic journal, dear Marilyn! Really terrific! BRAVO!!!!!!!
´*•.¸★♥★¸.•*´*★*´*•.¸★♥★¸.•*´

Lynne Moncrieff said...

This is incredible.
Wishes
Lynne

~*~Patty S said...

more fabulous pages
what a treasure of a book you are creating M!

took some bravery to stamp the iron gate on your page with super results!

your PW transfer is excellent too...can you tell I really Love these pages :)

Happy new art week to you!
oxo

Patti G. said...

I am ABSOLUTELY in love with your journal Marilyn! Fantastic!!!!!!
Hugs,Patti