

I just had to take some time, this morning, to express myself in my on-going journal. I am beginning to feel more hopeful, on this day, and I think some of it has to do with our weather turning its course, here, the past couple of days. I can honestly see signs of Spring here while on my morning walks. The crocus or is it croci?? (I never get it right) are popping up and people are out raking up their lawns, our temperatures are in the 50's and this weekend will reach 60 and 70! The sun is bright, sky is blue......................at the moment - life is sweet!
It's been quite a ride, here, as of late; just lots of stuff going on. I had some family stuff which is calming down, for now, and we are also in the midst of two major construction jobs at our home.....top and bottom! The basement and the roof! These had to be done and we're already feeling the relief of the lifetime guarantee that our basement will not flood again! The crew working on the project is amazing! The roofers are also, hard at work, here, and that is a welcome sight, too. No more leaks!!!!
So - these past few days, my spirits have been lifted and I'm seeing results of things that we should have taken care of awhile ago but it's money well spent although I would rather have spent the money on art supplies - lol!!!!! But - ya gotta do whatcha gotta do - right?
I hope you all are experiencing things to be feeling hopeful about. We all go through "stuff" don't we? I'm just so glad, and I think you'll agree, that we're fortunate to have our art so we can turn to it to express ourselves when we are going through different emotions - either happy or sad, good stuff or bad.
Enjoy your weekend, ahead, and may it be a hopeful one!
Much love - Marilyn xxoo
PS I will be posting pictures of spreads in my file-folder journal beginning next week. (previous post)
25 comments:
ooo glad you're coming out the other end of so much 'stuff' going on M!
it never rains...but it seems to pour
Spring is definitely in the air...lovely seeing your hopeful and beautiful artwork reflecting this time of renewal and change!
Always a joy to see what you create!
Happy April
Happy Spring
Happy Happy Everything
oxo
home repairs always make you realize how blessed you are to have a home and have the money to live somewhere nice. i'm happy that you are going to a non flooding basement!! we put a new roof on two years ago. we still have so much stuff to do to upgrade our house, too. it's a never ending commitment. i'm happy to see you are creating such wonderful art amidst all the noise!
“If I were asked to name the chief benefit of the house, I should say: the house shelters day-dreaming, the house protects the dreamer, the house allows one to dream in peace.”
Gaston Bachelard quote
M, No wonder things have been odd. How can you dream when your shelter is being exposed and the outside world is encroaching?
Looks great, very nice blog. Thanks for sharing
Love these and OMG I can't wait for flowers and Spring here!
Oh Marilyn I am so thankful that you are finally seeing flowers and sunshine. We are having snow flurries again today. Glad you are getting your house repaired as that will definitely take some issues off your list. Yes! Art does sooth the soul. When I learned how to sew and it was not easy and I cried and fought those zippers and pleats who knew that sewing would actually become such a stress reliever! The hum of the machine, the thread and fabric or lace coming together to create something fun or functional or beautiful is true magic and makes my soul happy. Art of any kind has that magical quality. I am just loving your She Art as it really speaks to my inner child and to being creative. You are a dear blogging friend and I hope your family issues are resolved very soon. My hugs to you...
Love the new journal pages Marilyn.
And I can see the hope of Spring in your pages. Am reading the book by Maya Angelou about why the caged bird sings at the moment. Love the inclusion on your pages.
Wonderful, positive spring journal pages! The sunshine is always nice after a bleak winter!
Jacky xox
I agree with you--thank God for this expressive outlet we have. We're planning some MAJOR work on our house this summer--I'm not looking forward to the mess, but like you said....
P.S.Sophia is such a CUTIE!!
beautiful spring pieces marilyn!!
Fabulous journal pages, Marilyn! Glad you're keeping dry now :)
Lol about spending your money on art supplies,thats the way I feel everytime I put money in my gas tank,I think this would buy alot of art supplies or online class. Glad you're starting to see signs of spring,your journal pages are showing signs too. They're beautiful.
yes finally spring is springing... I love that photo of Sophia, my she has grown and your book is charming too!! happy spring!
Hi Marilyn! Love your girl with the bird on her head!! Happy spring!
Your she-art is amazing, I have said it before and say it again, amazing! Glad you are getting stuff done and stuff calming down. Hugs, my friend.
I just wrote a spring blog post with lots of flower pictures to combat the world news and political battles that have been raging. it is so wonderful to be out in the garden!! I am so glad that is arriving in NY as well. your journal spreads are wonderful. i love the sunny yellow flowers!!! happy Spring Dear girl!!
Great pages my firnd. Roof vs art supplies, oh thst is a tough one, but I gUess the husbands get a vote once in a while. Thanks so much for your optimistic support and encouragement. xox Corrine
LOVE the little bird with his friend and the quotation you put with them -- just perfect for spring!
Diane
One thing is for sure, there will always be something to do at the house! Your work continues to be amazing, and you have found the positive all around you Marilyn! Happy weekend !
Both of these pages are wonderful, and I can see why your heart is uplifted. So glad that spring is finally starting to arrive in your area. It's about time. It's been a long, hard winter, and these two spreads definitely speak to the coming of spring.
I am loving these pages and your banner, and hope that this spring brings peace and time for more... roxanne
Marilyn, I really like the turquoise blue green backgrounds on your two spring pieces as well as the way you include birds. I'm also so, so happy to the growing things waking up. I raked out the flowerbed next to my front door today - the one that was "lost" under four feet of snow since January - and lo and behold, the mini-daylilies are sending up green shoots. Happy day! Thank you for sharing your creations. I look forward to seeing them because they lift me up. :)
Marilyn,
You should make these into POST CARDS, they are heavenly! I LOVE THEM!!!!!!
xoxoxoxo
Hugs,Patti
Things definitely sound like they are heading in the right direction for you - glad to hear that for you and love your expressions and beautiful artwork in your journal - such a precious quote!
so wonderful art,
happy spring will come,
love it
Post a Comment