Monday, April 11, 2011

File Folder Journal-Spread #1

This is a picture of my first spread in the journal I made out of two file folders.

I just love the size of the pages!

There were a lot of tornadoes over the weekend in the mid west and my heart goes out to those effected. Mother Nature is spreading her wrath all over the world.

Our temps are going to reach record-breaking warmth today, for this time of year, and then we have storms predicted for later today.

May you all be safe and have a good weak ahead.

Much love....................Marilyn xxoo

21 comments:

Healing Woman said...

Now THAT is a spiffy looking journal.

Helmi said...

Hi Marilyn,
Not only the size of the pages looks great, I love it all. Mother nature is unpredictable, be safe and have a nice week to!
grt, Helmi

Femmy said...

beautiful spreads marilyn!!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautifulcreation of love and art!
Hope everyone was ok with the tornados!
Lovexx
Julie

roc said...

what a cool journal size marilyn! love it!

Buffy said...

I love your journal spread. Beautiful.

Terri Kahrs said...

I'm lovin' the size of this journal, Marilyn! File folders are one of my favorite substrates. They make great envies for mail art, and they take just about any medium without falling apart. Love your spread too! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Janet Ghio said...

I made one of those file folder journals for a friend of mine. It was fun to do.

Cathy Bueti said...

You always do such cool stuff!! Love this!! :)

Createology said...

Loving your newest journal made with file folders. When I think of the hundreds (maybe thousands) of file folders I have thrown away each year in my working days...Ouch! Where was artistic journaling and fun then? Have a wonderful week and stay weather safe...

Diane J. Evans said...

These are fabulous, Marilyn. Sometime, would you please share some of the process that you use to create these pages? I'd love to learn more.

Diane

sharon said...

That is a great layout Marilyn, and I love that maila color, and of course how you have made it your own!

Peggy Beck said...

Love the pages Marilyn and do I see a resemblance of Sophia in there? Great job.

ute said...

Marilyn,
your spread looks so great, love it

Kimber said...

Great journal pages. It does look like a great size to work with!

~*~Patty S said...

those file folders do make a nice tall skinny page...Love how you bordered your pages and the overall look is wonderful too of course

we were out in the Bluebell woods yesterday roasting hot at about 90 degrees...I am enjoying the 20 degree drop in temps today...but it will come with rain and wind

hope all is well in your neck of the woods M
oxo

Unknown said...

Beautiful Marilyn! It's supposed to be spring but I woke up to frost this morning. I'm so ready for warm weather. Happy Week to you my friend!
♥Jenny

lindacreates said...

Love your journal Marilyn. You have such style!

Diane said...

Beautiful Marilyn and the size is my favorite--long and skinny.

Debbie said...

Cool journal marilyn!

Lisa said...

I love the look of these file folders!