Friday, April 22, 2011

Spread #5 - File Folder Journal

This is Spread #5 of my file-folder journal.

I couldn't get a really clear picture of this for some reason. I went over the images with a glossy finish and I was getting a lot of reflection.

Cheesecloth is one of my favorite inclusions and I decided to add some on the edge of the right-hand page. I like how it looks when the folder is closed; I can see the cheesecloth sticking out - kind of cool!

I don't know if you can clearly see the image on the bottom left-hand side but I stamped the image on a piece of leaf-patterned fabric. The image came out rather light so I went over sections with a black Stabilo pencil and a wet watercolor brush and discovered the fabric leaf pattern acted as a resist - it was kind of funky! I liked it!

We're still not warming up much, here, yet. I'm hearing that this coming week is going to bring us into the high 60's and even 70's!

I wish you all a beautiful weekend!

Love much - Marilyn xxoo

17 comments:

Carol Q said...

more lovely pages Marilyn. the added cheesecloth gives great texture and dimension.

Buffy said...

I love when stuff sticks out of my journal,like your cheesecloth. Beautiful spread! Have a nice Easter!

sharon said...

I love all the bits attached everywhere, and all the textures are so yummy! These pages keep hgetting better and better Marilyn!

Createology said...

Your file folder journal is just fabulous. I do like the cheesecloth very much. Happy Easter to you and yours. I picture you egg hunting with Sophia. It is raining here...again! Smiles and Sunshine to you my dear...

Dandelion and Daisy said...

How are you binding the pages? I love all of the textures you're using, cheesecloth is such a great material, I'll bet it does look good when the book is closed. I love it when pages extend past the cover. Happy Easter.

Deborah said...

Aah, cheesecloth! Takes me back to me teenage years :-) Marilyn, I am so enjoying looking at your journal, it is wonderful. Happy Easter!

Femmy said...

another beautiful page!1
Wish you and your happy Easter!

Anonymous said...

Some sassy looking little girls there. I am just adoring this journal, and the cheesecloth really makes that page. xox Corrine

Jan Hennings said...

Your file folder journal is beautiful! LOVE THIS!

Diane said...

Love this! I always forget about cheesecloth--it's such a great collage element.
Hope you have a very Happy Easter!

Gaby Bee said...

I love the look of your file folder journal, especially the size of the pages! The textures and colors are totally amazing! You rock!

Have a nice Easter!

Hugs and Love,
Gaby

jgr said...

Great journal pages, I love the cheesecloth, too!
Happy Easter.

Martina said...

It really looks wonderful, Marilyn! I wish you and your family nice Easter.
Wishes
MARTINA oxox

Wooded Solitude said...

I just continue to LOVE what you did with this folder. Looks like so much fun and so many goodies are in there. Thanks for the cheesecloth tip, don't know why i never thought of that. Off to Walmart or Michaels.......
We are still having snow here, so count your blessings!!!
P.S. Thanks for the download link.

Marlynn said...

I really love these two pages, Marilyn! You used three of my favorite images. I have not used cheesecloth that much but you are inspiring me to think about it! Hugs and Happy Easter!

Diane said...

Love this file folder journal, Marilyn! Your pages are fabulous!
Have a wonderful Easter! Hugs, Diane

johanna said...

love the texture of the cheese cloth and the leaf patterned picture... in fact i love it all!!