Sunday, July 24, 2011

Me and My Muse




















Well; I've begun my new journal. I am calling this "Me and My Muse" because it's just going to be pages of whatever calls to me to create. There is no theme; just let loose and use everything I can in my stash! That would mean I'd need a larger journal-lol! :) Here is my first page. I used an image from a painting that I sold quite awhile ago - I saved the picture, of it, and copied the image on my inkjet than transferred the image onto the journal page. The image was masked and then I went in and worked on the background.

I hope you all are having a good weekend and your weather is nice.

We've been in a stubborn heat wave and, frankly, it's getting wearing. I am not much of a summer person; I just tolerate it but this heat is just too much. I think I must have been a penguin in my first life :). The heat wave is effecting many states and I keep wishing, with every passing day, that relief will come. I know we are blessed, here, with a/c, but there are many who are not. It makes for a very long, hot summer. Sorry about the whining.

Have a great week ahead; all be safe, cool, and happy.

Much love, Marilyn




26 comments:

Yvonne said...

Fabulous journal page, Marilyn!

Femmy said...

what a beautiful page!!

Anonymous said...

Several journals maybe. Stash's do tend toggle rather than shrink, I find. Cool colors.....I so agree with you about the heat. xox Corrine

Cath Wilson said...

Fabulous colours - gorgeous. Hope the weather eases for you. I can imagine how draining it must be, although over here (UK) we'd be happy to get a little bit of heat for a change, lol. We're never happy, are we?

Anonymous said...

I've got such good feelings about this journal for you. I can't wait to see what you do! The title just speaks volumes.

Sorry to hear about the heat. It's been comfortable or raining hard in the UK recently which is a blessing because we had days of very intense heat early on which damaged a lot of crops and gardens. I swore by peppermint spray and wet cloths draped over the feet. Stay safe. The heats dangerous.

Paula Phillips said...

I absouletly love it Marilyn!

Katie said...

great page-look forward to seeing more of the muse!xo

Cynthia Julian said...

Marilyn, I love the purple contrasting with the turquoise green (a favorite combination of mine). The white accents make it feel fresh and cool in these days of summer heat.

Jacky said...

Beautiful. I love the flowing shape of your image and gorgeous colours.
Hope things cool down for you soon. My son is in NY (somewhere) at a horse show. He says very hot weather.

Jacky xox

Jan Hennings said...

What a beautiful journal page and so thought provoking!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

A great beginning in a book that I'm sure will be meaningful. Nice use of the image, too.

I just saw on my local morning show that we've had 24 consecutive days of 100 degree or greater weather. It's getting tiresome here, too! Hope yours breaks soon. Ours is relentless through the end of this week, and possibly longer.

Buffy said...

Lol about you being a penguin! Beautiful journal page.Love the name of the new journal,can't wait to see more.

Martina said...

Oh, that looks really quite fantastic, dear Marilyn!
I especially like the colors but also the entire design! Really great!

Healing Woman said...

I like this muse page and I'll bet the journal will be one you like the best of all you've done.

Hope the heat wave passes for you soon Marilyn!

johanna said...

love the beginning of your new journal! great colors!
well, send me over a few degrees, we are nearly freezing here;)

bockel24 said...

A journal for yourself, just to let loose - that´s the same concept I have for my "Untold Stories" altered book ... I love your page with its wonderful turquoise and purple shades!

Diane J. Evans said...

Think of all the beautiful art you'll be including in your legacy to your granddaughter! Lovely!

Diane

Terri Kahrs said...

Marilyn, what a wonderful start to your new journaling adventure! We've been in the midst of a heatwave too. Thank goodness for air conditioning! My Muse loves it!!! LOL! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Martha Lever said...

Marilyn, your art is just so fabulous!!! This page rocks!!
Pun intended! ♥

sharon said...

I love this piece Marilyn! It is somewhat eerie to me, but so real, it draws me right in!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Marilyn
I adore this color combo (probably my favorite)!!!! amazing art and you always have lovely details throughout it. Hope you had a little break - it is cooler here...a high of 85-89 most days (Ha that is not cool!) Have a wonderful week!

~*~Patty S said...

me another penguin laughing at your description M...the heat has really gotten to me...not my thing at all...I have fallen behind in blogland and more!

Love that you will let your Muse lead you and not worry about a theme...you are off to a brilliant start...the colors and details are so pleasing!

stay cool my friend...our weather sounds similar...we had a few degrees cooler so I had to open the windows for just a brief time to change the air early this am...thank goodness for a/c :)
oxo

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Whenever I view your Art Journal pages I am completely absorbed.
A special start to a new Journal, including a transfer of one of your sold paintings.
I cannot wait to see what else your Muse brings forth.
Have a great week Marilyn.
Wishes
Lynne

thekathrynwheel said...

Wow, wonderful, a fabulous page. And a great idea to use a photo of a previous painting! Hope the heatwave subsides soon ...

Createology said...

Your new journal title is just perfect. What a wonderful gift to give yourself...no barriers or blockages...just create whatever you feel at the moment! Journal on Miss Marilyn dear...

Kesha Bruce said...

I'm just stopping my your blog for the first time. So many lovely things.

A real pleasure to meet you!