
This is a photo of another page in my Me and My Muse journal. The woman is or was, would be a better word, a super model in a magazine. :) I decided to transfer her onto my page and it ran amuck! At first, I was a bit frustrated as I did not photocopy the image in order to save it. I took the jump and worked with the original magazine image.
What was left was a very faint, "ghost" of a figure so I went, with it, and painted over the unsuccessful transfer. I love transfers, of any kind, and my main problem with them is my lack of patience. :) With magazine image transfers, it is highly recommended that I wait overnight to fully let things dry. But; I didn't and especially with the humidity being the way it is, here, lately - I should have realized it. Oh well.
The really neat thing about mixed-media is it is very forgiving. Things can always be gessoed over, painted over, collaged over - it's all good!
I wanted this figure to appear like she was looking through a window and I knew I wanted lace curtains. So; I stamped over white tissue paper with gesso using a piece of embossed wallpaper. It's a dream for collage if you use soft gel.
We have another weekend upon us! I wish, for all of you, a safe, happy, and peaceful one!
Love much..............................Marilyn xxoo
28 comments:
so beautiful!
I love how she looks like shes looking out the window with the lace curtains. Beautiful page.
Marilyn-this is really gorgeous--so much texture and the lace curtains are wonderful!
had you not said it didn't go well i would never have known. it is a beautiful page!
Marilyn I LOVE this. This would make the most incredible painting to be framed.
I could see before reading your text that you had created lace curtains for her to look through.
This page has captured my heart, I love it that much.
Wishes
Lynne
ah transfers they are all about patience aren't they! I usually make them at the end of the day in the studio when I am too tired to care how they turn out... when I get back in the am they are perfect!!! your page looks great regardless!!
This page is great, Marilyn. Love all the texture and lace curtains are the perfect add. Brilliant!
Have a wonderful upcoming weekend!
Gaby xo
It's stunning. I love the window effect you accomplished.
I think she is beautiful anyway you do her Marilyn. It's a great page and if you are not happy with her I know eventually you will add things till you are. Love it.
it's beautiful Marilyn! love the lace curtains. Have a good weekend!
Impatient? We artists are never impatient!! This is beautiful Marilyn. I hope to post my fusion piece tonight. i was going to do it from here at work but realized I did not email myself the photo!
Shes georgous Marilyn
As you know I am new to transfers but can so relate to the lack of patience affecting artwork! I like this piece Marilyn!! You did wonderful with it despite your frustration! That is what I love about mixed media. . . you can fix and cover up mistakes so easily! :)
Have a great weekend!
xo
no signs of anything running amuck here to my eyes dear M
WOW...your lace curtains are really fantastic too!
Stay cool my friend!
oxo
Your page is perfect. Your vision was achieved as I see her looking through the lace curtains. Happy cooler weather to you...
Dear Marilyn, your creation is really special! Absolutely adorable!!!!
Have a nice weekend.
Wishes
MARTINA
Beautiful page.I love her looking out the window with the lace. I also love transfer images and made one today..
Have a nice weekend,
hugs Anja
Lovely contemplative piece Marilyn. Enjoy your weekend. xox Corrine
I think she is beautiful...can't see how it went a muck?? love the neutral shades on this piece. Hope your weather is cooler...the humidity (100% the past few days) is supposed to drop here for the weekend. Have a good one m'dear! xoxoxo
This piece is just LOVELY, Marilyn! The curtains are simply wonderful. Very creative and beautiful too. Have a nice weekend and hope you have some time to make more art!
- Debbie Kaste
You've created another silk purse from what you thought was a sow's ear, as my grandmother used to say. The images, especially the curtains, are lovely.
Diane
I LOVE her Marilyn! She's GORGEOUS! As far as I am concerned you can do no wrong with your journal pages. They are some of the nicest ones I have seen! Love stopping by! xoxo Diane
Wow, this is awesome, it doesn't look like it went 'amuck' atall! I have never ever mastered image transfers *sigh* something I need to work on! Love the look of the curtains.
Wonderful page...she does look like she's in a window. Love it! :) nan
LOVE this and it turned out beautifully!
You was very very busy Marilyn and I love all your fantastic pages and paintings.
Have a wonderful Sunday
Hugs Alexandra
I love your serendipitous attitude about mixed media. My sentiments exactly.
Would never have known it had 'gone wrong', Marilyn, if you hadn't said - you have ended up with a beautiful piece of art despite your impatience.
Post a Comment