

I am veering away, a bit, from my journal. I seem to be having a bit of a block in terms of finishing it; I have one more spread to go. Maybe I don't want to say goodbye to it :)
Anyway; when I am creating, I always have a "serendipity" piece next to me. It could be in the form of watercolor paper, deli paper, newspaper, cardstock, tags, etc. This way I don't waste my paints or sprays and look at these "serendipitous" pieces as a new beginning background.
The photo, here, is the case. I was working in my journal and was spreading acrylic with an old gift card and scraped some of the unused paint onto a piece of watercolor paper that was beside me. I looked at it, yesterday, and decided I really liked the colors.
I recently picked up Donna Downey's awesome poppy stencil and somehow it called, to me, to use it with this background start. The image of the woman was a gel transfer of one of my own images. I love painting hair with a black Stabilo pencil and gesso. I call this piece "Amongst the Poppies".
There are two photos here and the top one was flipped into my Photoshop program. I recently upgraded to PE 9 and was playing around a bit trying to get to know it. It's going to take me awhile :) Oh well - just fun!
Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July weekend.
Love much.....................Marilyn xxoo
27 comments:
This is so pretty Marilyn! Love both versions. The red poppies are so great against the lighter shades in the background! Great texture as well!
Hugs! :)
beautiful Marilyn! I like the red poppies too!
Wow, Marilyn. I think you do as well with paint and stencils as you do with PS. Good for you. And I'm in love with those poppies. I can't seem to find a stencil of any kind anywhere in my town.
I'm like you with paint or watercolors. I refuse to waste anything, so your background and latest piece is an added bonus. I use a spiral bound book for adding my leftover paint.
Wonderful!! I love the poppy stamp and the face is just great!! My serendipity pages are in my journal--I always put leftover paint on the pages as a start for backgrounds!!
Saying farewell to something that you've put so much time and love into is difficult, but I know you'll find another project soon! LOVE this pretty lady, Marilyn. Good luck with PSE 9. I'm still trying to learn PSE 7!!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo
Hi Marilyn,
Oh I love this piece!! The poppies are so cheerful and I love the face, too! I hope you enjoy your new PhotoShop-It's one of my favorite tools.
Love the background...isn't it great how leftover paint paper can turn into such a beautiful background...just the thing for your pretty girl.........
I am working on the new elements 9 as well; maybe we can encourage each other......
I'm loving the colors in these pages Marilyn and the Poppies too. And the whole piece to be exact. Nice.
My angel friend Marilyn,
Oh how truly lovely she is, I love the poppies.
I also just loved meeting Donna,truly a powerful creative force she is.
All the sudden,red is calling my name in my art. So this piece screams to me,so full of passion..
Love ya,missed you Laura. xoxx
Poppies always make me think of The Wizard of Oz, LOL..NEAT..
boy, i'm loving your journal pages! i wouldn't want it to end either! wonderful artwork.
want to let you know your name came out of my hat, if you would email me your mailing address, i'll send a postcard your way!
Love the colours and textures, the whol creation is so beautiful!
the poppies and artwork are gorgeous Marilyn...the colors you selected really make the whole piece POP!
Beautiful,the background makes the red poppies pop off the paper.
Poppies, poppies and more poppies...love them - all of them. These pieces are really nice, Marilyn!!!
Inspiration is everywhere, beautiful face and piece. It must be hard to finish, letting go of one thing and moving on to another, I so get that. xox Corrine
They are both so fantastic!! I especially love the top piece, it looks transparent and makes the woman seem hollow, kinda creepy cool with the flowers!
I can see where you might want to delay 'finishing' your journal...buy hey that only means you get to start another :)
the poppy stencil is perfect for this gorgeous page...wonderful veering...always good to follow your muse
oxo
i really should take this habit, too - brushing the "extra" paint on some paper for later use. makes a great background, really. love the stencils, too. beautiful effect in ps (oh my, if it wasn´t that time consuming...).
Beautiful Marilyn--love that red!!
Your artwork is unique and beautiful, dear Marilyn! My compliments!
I love both versions (such fun to play with photoshop elements) - you've really used the beautiful pooopy stencil to its best advantage and made a gorgeous piece.
Thank you Marilyn, your so lovely!
A beautiful piece and love them both :)
so beautiful..
& love the collection of women
as i scroll down your posts!
red poppy love!
Очень красивая страничка!
Your yournaling is allways inspiring!
Fantastic Marilyn! I love your paintings.
Have a nice weekend
Hugs Alexandra
Post a Comment