Monday, September 19, 2011

"Altered Egos" :)





























I'm back! And............I'm very excited to present, to you, during this week, photos of the "Altered Egos" workshop that Kerri and I held over the last two weekends.
Included, here, are two photos of our actual classroom space filled with 16 fantastic artists and friends who we adore!

This workshop was inspired by Christy Tomlinson's She-Art online workshop. Kerri and I came up with the idea to present the workshop in journal form beginning with creating our own handmade journals out of one sheet of 22 x 30 watercolor paper. We encouraged students to include their "altered ego" gals in a very personal way having the figure as well as the page reflect something of themselves; could be special features, of themselves, or favorite activities, etc. We also shared our own techniques in terms of backgrounds as well as some suggestions for creating the "egos".

Kerri and I were so pumped about this workshop and, in fact, we're going to add a "play date", of sorts, so we can all finish our journals together. I am working, now, on the date.

I couldn't think of a better way to start a new week but with three photos of students' art, here, so I can begin to share their works with all of you.

All of the students created their own spin on this activity and Kerri and I are both so proud of what they've accomplished.

It's great to be back Blogging, again, and I look forward to sharing more on this workshop, with you, in the coming days.

Hope you all have been well and enjoying your time. Love, Marilyn xxoo




49 comments:

manomij said...

This looks so fun Marilyn I wished I lived a bit closer so I could come and take part.
Hugs
ManonX

Anonymous said...

What a great space you have to run this workshop! Looks like everyone was totally into it and having a blast. Looking forward to hearing more from you. xox Corrine

Janet Ghio said...

Looks like a fun workshop Marilyn-I always like to see different interpretaitons of the same thing!

Dandelion and Daisy said...

I love that you have taken "She girls" and made them your own! It looks like you have successfully shared that with your students. Teaching is a lot of work, also, a lot of fun!

Cath Wilson said...

These look fab - wish I could come, too, lol - not fair to taunt us that way :-)

Anonymous said...

Awesome arty day, looks fabuluos!
:) Julie

Diane J. Evans said...

Gosh, this looks like such fun! These gals had some very talented teachers to bring out the best in them.

Diane

jgr said...

Marilyn it looks like you had a blast!! I wish I were closer, too!

WrightStuff said...

How exciting - must be absolutely wonderful to know that you inspired such creativity. Well done!

Yvonne said...

This looks like soooo much fun, Marilyn! Lovin' your journal pages!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a little bit of heaven in that room! :)

~*~Patty S said...

Oh my gosh what a lot of fun you all must have had...Love reading about it and seeing the great samples too!

Nothing more fun that a room full of creative energy
learning new things
and getting a chance to do what delights you!

thanks for sharing
glad you're back
oxo

sharon said...

Missed you Marilyn and your creativity!
This class looks so great, and the projects are awesome!

Elizabeth said...

Happy productive students creating wonderful things only means one thing!!! they had super fantastic teachers!! Brava!!!! Delightful and wonderful !!! Can't wait to see more!!!!!!!!!!!

Createology said...

I can feel the energy right through this post...great classroom space, wonderful workshop and excellent teachers. I love the art created. A play day sounds simply divine. So good to have you back Marilyn dear...

Sandy said...

Oh wow what a great workshop Marylin.
Amazing different interpretation of this.
Your pages are so beautiful. Love it. xoxo

Unknown said...

Oh how fun! Love creating with friends! Happy Painting.
♥Jenny

Lisa said...

Marilyn, I had such a great time and learned so much from everyone! Looking forward to a play date soon! xo

Sugar Lump Studios said...

oh Marilyn ...how I wish I lived closer. What an amazing time this must have been - and the projects you shared are gorgeous! they are all blessed to take a class with you! :)

P.S. we are having the same glorious weather here - had to put socks on! LOL!

Buffy said...

Oh how I wish I was sitting around that table,taking the class from you. Seems like so much fun. Everybodys work looks great.

johanna said...

oh my, you are so crea(c)tive!! i wish i had your energy, you always come up with so much inspiration!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Oh my! This looks like such fun for you and your students. Love those backgrounds and how each gal created her individual "ego." Wonderful art, wonderful teacher. Glad you are back.

Dianne said...

How fun! Love the works! Wish we had this kind of thing around here...

Lori Saul said...

This looks fantastic - everyone is so busy and "lost" in their art- what gorgeous entries and expressions -thanks for sharing these Marilyn!

Diane said...

What a fun workshop--I would love to be there, and I'm so glad that you share the students' work also--thanks for this!

Jan Hennings said...

Love the use of newspaper! Just beautiful!

Unknown said...

Oh this looks like so much fun.. And I love the "Altered Egos", very inspiring! I look forward to see more of the art and it is good to have you back bloging, I enjoy your posts so much!
Take Care, Amanda

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

I think you had a great fun workshop with all the ladys.I love the artful pages, and wish to see more of your art works.
Have a nice day, hugs Anja

Martina said...

Oh, I wish I could have been there! This looks very promising! Beautiful works of art are born!

JourneyGirl said...

OMG Marilyn thank you so much for this amazing opportunity to be creative and express my love for art. I had a blessed two Sundays and I was so blessed by you and Kerri's teaching style. I cna't say enough about it and have been spreading your names through out my church and job (City Mission). Stay Blessed and creative always.
Dekida

O mundo de Alex said...

I'm taking katie's course too just pop in to see your blog love it! what a great idea the altered egos i wish i could attend in the meantime i follow your blog xo

Martha Lever said...

Welcome back!! I know everyone had a blast!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun, just seeing all the people and supplies....i'm giddy!

Ciao Bella
Creative Carmelina

Barb said...

Looks like fun was had by all and some great art done!

Debbie K. said...

This looks like soooooo much fun, Marilyn. I too wish I could attend one of your classes.
Have a great weekend!
- DebbieK

Flamand said...

Where are you ?? I miss you !!

Nancy said...

I miss you too....I hope everything is OK....

Katie said...

Hi Marilyn! How have you been. I just saw thru Corrine that you have an Etsy shop! Wee! Did you just start that? So exciting! Love all the paintings. xo

.Trudi Sissons said...

This looked like it must have been a ton of fun Marilyn! I love the 'figures' or altered egos - very funky and unique! You are a BUSY woman!

Gaby Bee said...

It looks like a fun workshop, Marilyn. I wish I lived closer and could attend one of your classes:)

Gaby xo

Laura Haviland said...

Marilyn who truly rocks..
Oh this looks like such awesome fun, wish I lived closer too.
What an amazing workshop..
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,Laura.xoxx

Connie said...

What an inspiring post. I wish I were sitting and creating with this lovely group. It looks like so much fun! Your blog is incredible. I love your altered pages and the personalities of your girls. I am so happy that I stumbled across this site. I feel honored to be your newest follower and I would like to take this opportunity to invite you over to my humble blog. I enjoy many different media and my blog reflects them: artist, photographer, paper-crafter, musician, singer, I guess I'm just a retired lady deciding to enjoy every day the good Lord blesses me with. Hopefully you will find it interesting enough to follow, me too. Happy Mother's Day, Connie :)

Shelley Whiting's art said...

Your artwork is very fun and lively. Beautiful and lovely artwork.

Janny said...

I missed you and your work.
It would be great to be part of the workshop, it's looking great;o)

Laura Haviland said...

What a awesome day Angel Marilyn, oh how I have missed you dear one.
Have a great day.
Thinking of you. Hugs Laura.xoxx

Laura Haviland said...

What a awesome day Angel Marilyn, oh how I have missed you dear one.
Have a great day.
Thinking of you. Hugs Laura.xoxx

Janny said...

Looking like fun ;-)

managetransfers Debt Settlement Live Transfers said...

Jo samne hai use log bura kehte hain,Jisko dekha nahi use sab bhagwan kehte Ganga Bhakti Songs hain. god shayari Kya baat kare is duniya ki, Ganga Bhakti Har shaks ke apne afsaane hain.These simple words of May God bless you really are so magical and so much powerful. So enjoy these messages and share and spread them around your family, Bhakti Songs In Hindi Here are one hundred different may God bless you messages for you to enjoy.May you find the strength to overcome all of your fears and all of your tensions. I hope you find success in each and every step that you take my dear one.

NdakJoleh said...

The above article is nice and interesting, thank you willing to share! Greetings success of admin Aqur Printing Jakarta wish you deign to visit my website, thank you :)
cetak buku murah
cetak buku umroh haji
cetak buku yasin murah