Yesterday felt like a special day with the sun coming out and things just seemed more hopeful.
We are supposed to be looking at a few days, in a row, of calmer and brighter days. :)This photo is a journal page I created, last night, with my thoughts drifting to Autumn. It's truly my favorite time of the year and I welcome the crisp cool air, the lush colors, apple pie (not mine-lol!), wearing sweaters and socks!
The poem I included in the piece is a bit obscured as I placed a piece of mica over it so I will type it out here:
Delicious Autumn!
My very soul is wedded to it
And if I were a bird
I would fly about the earth
Seeking the successive autumns.
....George Eliot
This poem says it all for me.
Peaceful and safe thoughts to all of you! Have a great weekend!
Much love - Marilyn xxoo
26 comments:
i love autumn too. i love the colors and to watch the falling leaves are so mesmerizing. your art is always so wonderful to look at. hope you are enjoying that little grandbaby of yours!
Great piece Marilyn, very calming and soothing, and beautiful of course!
Marilyn-this has to be one of my favorite pages of yours! I love the image and the colors and the crow--it's just great!
Lovely piece Marilyn, me too Autumn has it all. Besides the coller temps - no bugs! I can walk the woods again. xox Corrine
I find this piece very evocative of the joyous beauty of Autumn that is so mysteriously sad at the same time. I particularly appreciate your use of greens and purples - they remind me of purple asters and the beauty of a fall garden before Jack Frost makes his inevitable visit. The figure I find compelling as well, along with the poetry and the symbolism of the crow.
Marilyn,"who I just adore to piece's" !!
Your always a true angel friend.
I just love your autumn beautiful artful piece. Your poem just touches me so much,truly inspirational.
Visiting you always is such a pleasure and to see your rocking art creations thrills me totally.
Have a great day dear friend.
Lots of love to you, Laura with a smile on her face.
This truly captures the beauty of Autumn, a season I also love, I'm not a summer type of gal lol.
The addition of the poem is the icing on the cake.
Wishes
Lynne
Your poem is perfect for this tribute to Autumn which is such a lovely season. I can see why it is your very favorite. Your page is beautiful. I am glad you are having some nice sunshine weather. We have had zero rain all summer and I would welcome some. Joyful weekend dear...
So beuatiful autumn painting work Marylin.
Fantastic. I love it.
Have a wonderful weekend. xoxo
Beautiful autumn page have you created, love the coloring and the young lady too. Just now I've also loaded a new altered page.
Have a nice weekend,
hugs Anja
I am loving all your journal pages! Autumn, Hope, A Fool for Crows and the Calm after the storm are all awesome. So uniquely you showing your heart and soul.
Hope things dry out for you soon. I have been thinking of you.
Hugs
Autumn is a gorgeous time of year. Love your piece, Marilyn!
Love your colorful lady and page M!
AND I'm with you for cooler temps and being able to wear more clothes
So glad you are safe...sounds like you all may have had similar flooding as we here in N VA
Take care my sweet friend!
oxo
love all the texture and colors here, wonderful page!
I'm with you! Love Autumn! Glad it's on its way!
Loving this page....Cynthia says it all!
Autumn is always a lovely time of the year. You art brings it all to mind. Unfortunately, we still have some very warm days that keep summer alive for me. I would GLADLY send my sunshine for some of your rain and gloomy skies. Odd how we never are satisfied with our weather. Not so with your art. It's always satisfying.
This piece is striking Marilyn as is Eliot's verse. Perfect for our upcoming autumn season!
Another, wonderful, typical "MARILYN"! Your artwork is so fantastic!
What a lovely poem....but i LOVE summer and am always a bit sad to see it go...
That poem is amazing!! My mum loves George Elliot too, she named my brother after her but I didn't know she did poems. Bliss
Such a beautiful journal page :)
Beautiful, Marilyn -- will you share some of the techniques you used here?
Diane
My favourite time of year Autumn...beautiful page Marilyn.
Jacky xox
i love the pretty colors on your page Marilyn and the images! I love fall too!
I wish we had an autumn down here,but it just stays hot until the end of oct,no leaves changing. I miss that. Your piece reminds me of fall,beautiful and love the leaves.
I just found you, thanks to UpstateLisa Filion's blog post about the fun she had in your class. I live in Clifton Park and hope to make it over to Captured Moments next Saturday, when my DD24 gets here!!
Post a Comment