Friday, September 2, 2011

"A Fool for Crows"


This journal page started out as a watercolor background that got away from me. I let it be for a couple of days, just got back to it and went over it with stencils, sprays, sketched and painted in the figure. It seemed to come together with an excerpt from a poem of one of my friends Carole Fults. She gave me permission to use her poems or parts of them in my art and this excerpt just seemed fitting for this piece (if you click on the image, I think you'll be able to read the words).

Thoughts of all of you; have a safe and peaceful weekend.

Much love......................Marilyn xxoo

28 comments:

Dianne said...

This is lovely... and the prose is beautiful...

Wildflowerhouse said...

I love this one!!!! I love crows too. But your backgrounds are fantastic and such a sweet little girl.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't look like this painting got away from you at all! Fantastic poem by ypur friend, lovely combination!!! Enjoy the holiday. xox Corrine

~*~Patty S said...

great relaxed and casual pose your 'girl' has on this lovely page M!

Happy weekend to you and yours!
oxo
p.s. one would never know it got away from you...you reeled it in beautifully :)

Janet Ghio said...

I love what you wrote about crows and the stance of the girl is really great.

johanna said...

that really rocks!! wonderful colors, love that background, the painting and the words just are perfekt for this!

Sandy said...

Wow Marilyn so beautiful again.
Amazing work my friend. xoxo

Femmy said...

fantastic Marilyn!!

Vero said...

Eres perfecta me gusta mucho !!!!!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm a fool for crows, too, Marilyn. This is a wonderful piece. It's sometimes good to let a piece sit for a few days. This one turned out very lovely as a result of your waiting.

Anonymous said...

She looks so lovely, reminds of the good old days!
:)Julie
I've moved over to blog www.loveartangel.blogspot.com

Barb said...

Hi Marilyn,
Knowing how crows have a special meaning for you, the verse is very apropos (my 50 cents word for the day!) Luv this page the circle around her head reminds me of tiny mosaic tiles.
Happy week-end,
Barb
Thanks for your recent visit to my blog. Ü

Jan Hennings said...

A beautiful journal page!

Createology said...

I really like how you have created this page in the spirit of your friend's amazing poem. Safe and Relaxing Labor Holiday weekend...

Diane said...

Marilyn--this is just stunning!

Tricia said...

This is just lovely! And I really like the poem you added. I think it all works together beautifully. Great job!

Lisa said...

beautifu!!!

Unknown said...

So creative and beautiful. Your art is very inspiring and I love your description of your process. I am (slowly) learning to have more patience with the creative flow. Thanks so much for sharing and hope you are enjoying this long weekend.

Buffy said...

I love how relaxed she looks and how her hands are in her pockets,adorable. And such a sweet expression on her face.

Buffy said...

I love how relaxed she looks and how her hand are in her pockets. Adorable,and such a sweet expression on her face.

Buffy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

The mix of poetry and art! I love it very much!
And see! Sometimes it's a good thing that our art gets away from us!


Ciao Bella!

CREATIVE CARMELINA

Diane said...

LOVE..LOVE...LOVE this!! Did you draw the image free hand? She is so sweet. I absolutely LOVE your journal pages, Marilyn. Hugs, Diane

Diane J. Evans said...

Lovely, Marilyn! The quotation is beautiful and poignant, and the art work -- well, it's a special as always.

Diane

Jill Zaheer said...

Marilyn, Just love this woman of yours with the corresponding words. Special and always looking at the extra- ordinary! What a beautiful pensive face she has. Best wishes for a a wonderful week ahead! xo

Martha Lever said...

This is beautiful! I love the girl. You really did a nice job on this journal page!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

the colors and texture are amazing as is the image...so gorgeous! I love seeing this come to life!

Healing Woman said...

I think you have created a perfect balance on your painting. The words add to your theme and the whole thing is wonderful.