Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The "Feathered" Box................

Birds, nests, and eggs really call to me any time of the year. I love watching them and their habits especially in Spring.

This is a picture of a box that I "feathered". Recently, I came across the true definition of the word feathered. This is what I found:

v. feath.ered, feath.er.ing, feath.ers v. tr.1. to cover, dress, or decorate with or as if with feathers

This lead me to think about what we do with our art, particularly with altered art; we "feather" our subjects. :) I like to think of it in this way now.

I began "feathering" this box with Gesso (of course)-hahahaha, a gel transfer and used my stamp sheet from Green Pepper Press for stamping. This is Michelle Ward's unmounted sheet Painted Ladies. I love it and am using it a lot. I added some beeswax and then decided to create a realistic approach to the nest using some things from the outdoors. Happy Feathering my friends! Love, Marilyn

2 comments:

Patti G. said...

THAT is totally beautiful and I LOVE the feathering Idea! Ohhhhhhhhhh time to feather! Heheheh! Just wonderful art and a fun definition too! Neat!
Hugs,
Patti

deb said...

Marilyn, I love this, You have a real calm style to your 'feathering' :o)