Sunday, August 12, 2007

Class Sample; coming soon to Art Connection :)


Coming soon to Art Connection, Melanie and I will be teaching a class called "Home is Where Your 'Art' Is". It's a 3-session class and we'll be designing our own house in a sense :) Cool, huh? Each student will get a chipboard-shaped house that is approx. 5 x7 to add their beautiful artwork to. They can even bring in copies of family photos to include.
These pictures are what I got accomplished today. I can see why we have to make the class into 3 sessions as there's a lot of work to do. There are 6 pages to the chipboard house and both sides needs to be embellished. The end result will end up looking like a book or can be spread out accordion style. We'll be creating a whole new neighborhood! How cool is that? The classes are all on Saturdays and the dates are: Aug. 25, Sept 1, and Sept. 8 11-2. Mel and I look forward to this class so much and we'll be introducing some new techniques along with the class and some cool collage sheet images :) Love to all, Marilyn

3 comments:

Kerri Jean said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kerri Jean said...

I love the house shape as an icon, and this looks like such a wonderful class Marilyn. What a great way to store personal memories, photos & mementos in a little home of one's own. -- fyi, I am the person who deleted the previous comment. I had a typo and wanted to fix it (suc instead of such!!)

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I wish I could be there to take this class. I have some chipboard house shapes just sitting there waiting to be decorated. These samples are absolutely stunning!