

Well; let me add that I didn't literally spend the weekend with Tim Holtz! It just sounded cool, didn't it? I had the opportunity this past weekend to attend a 3-day Tim Holtz workshop in Topsfield, MA at a place called Absolutely Everything! WOWSER! I enjoyed myself so much with some very special friends and we really learned a lot. I can't stress, enough, how very entertaining Tim Holtz is! Yet, he's very professional, so well organized and generous with his products and knowledge! Not to mention his smile; he really lights up a room. Most of us took 4 classes; others all of them. I think through the whole weekend, Tim taught a total of 12 classes! Whew! I've uploaded three pictures, here, of just a few of the projects I worked on over the weekend. The first two are pendants. We could have made these into pins if we chose to. The first one is created with two acrylic pieces, Tim Holtz papers, Doo Dads, butterfly wings (not real of course), charms, ball chain, rusted keys and jewelry parts. The second pendant is from a watch piece that has a magnetic front to it. We created a small assemblage inside (I apologize for the poor picture), I couldn't seem to get a clear shot because of the double glass. We were provided with a crown charm, wings, keys and locks, etc. I just couldn't get over the amount of supplies we had to work with. The third picture was from the last class I took on Sunday; the Mystery Class. We worked on a mirror/frame. It was a mosaic project, of sorts, using chipboard pieces and we each were given 32 chipboard pieces and we did different techniques on them using new Ranger crackle paints, Distress Embossing Powders, Tim Holtz papers, and charms. Very cool!
I have more pictures of projects to share, in time. I didn't finish everything so I will have fun working on them, this week, and will share upon completion. I highly recommend anyone who has the opportunity to attend a Tim Holtz workshop to do so. What an opportunity! It will certainly stay in my memory bank forever!
More to come......................
Love to all, Marilyn
2 comments:
Everything looks fantastic Marilyn!!!!!!!! Love the picture of you and the girls in your pretty orange t-shirt! Did you alter that too, the t-shirt?? Very pretty! The projects are gggggggreat! I LOVE the necklaces and the the other square piece too!
WOW!!!!!!! Awesome! Hugs,Patti
Wow!!!!! This looks like it was amazing good fun Marilyn!!! And I see that Mel was there too. So glad that she took time to have some fun and play!!!
Post a Comment