Wednesday, August 22, 2007

More Tim Holtz stuff............




These are pictures of an assemblage project that I took during our Tim Holtz weekend (see previous post). The name of this class was "Assemblage in Flight" and very appropriate, for me, as this was my first "flight", so to speak, into the real world of assemblage. I have to admit, I was challenged but this opened up a whole new world for me. I didn't complete the project during class and finished it up at home. One of my biggest challenges turned out to be knowing when to stop! Tim was very generous with supplies for our assemblage but I did find some more things, of interest, that I added to this. The cool thing about this is it has a light in it, too. So; I can say this whole experience was quite "illuminating".

I used to think assemblage was just embellishing an Altoid tin but, now, that my eyes have been opened up even wider, after taking Tim's class, there are so many more possibilities. Assemblage actually combines all mediums and the collecting process for them is much fun.

We had a choice, during class, of creating our assemblage with a bird/nest theme or a mini skeleton! Yes; skeleton and Tim even provided that. Cool, huh?

Love always, Marilyn

4 comments:

Kerri Jean said...

Do I see a kitchen sink in there somewhere?? Marilyn, this is luscious, and it looks like it was great fun to make!!!

Patti G. said...

Wow this assemblage is gggggggreat Marilyn! I can see why you enjoyed this experience so much! This is terrific!!!!!!! Hugs,
Patti

Unknown said...

Hi, Marilyn! It's me again!! Is this a holder for rolling pins??

And, again, thanks for a beautiful blog! Joy

Alexandra said...

Your art works are all wonderful. I'm glad to found your blog. :)