Thursday, August 9, 2007

Reflection leads to SELF EXPLORATION.................


Well......................I'M BACK! Gosh, I've missed all of you!
This picture is not of me when I was a little girl, but I thought it fitting for the way I've been feeling recently. For the past couple of weeks I have been doing a little self exploration. I really can't put my finger on what triggered it, but I've felt like something has been missing in my life; not personally, but in my art life. I think this all started when I fullfilled one of my "dreams" to have my own website. I did arrange to do that (http://www.inmyvintageroom.com/) and while I enjoyed reaching that goal, I've felt something has been missing.
I like the website, but I don't love it. I had visions of it being interactive, sharing of my art and others, selling some artwork here and there. I've done a little of that, but it just doesn't feel comfortable. It's actually made me doubt myself in terms of what I'm doing with my art; what I want to achieve. I had my first show a couple of weeks ago, too, and while I really enjoyed it, it came with some surprise feelings for me. It was hard to get "me" out there. The show was also one of my personal goals and with every piece of art that I displayed, I felt like I was peeling an onion; peeling away bits and pieces of myself to share with people. It was really a very good exercise for me on a personal level. I do know I couldn't have taken that "jump" if it wasn't for my family and friends that came to support me.
Now this may sound like I'm giving up on things; that is far from what I'm trying to say. I'm just doing a little personal rearranging to get back to some things that I've been missing. One of which is I MISSED MY BLOG!!!!!!!! I miss Blogging with others, I found the blogging very relaxing and an artful journal for me. I loved the feedback, I loved visiting other friends' blogs, commenting to them on how much I enjoy visiting their sites, viewing their art and reading their thoughts and feelings.
I missed the ease in which I can upload pictures and not feel like it takes a whole lot of my time.
So; this is what I decided to do. Ready?
I am going to re-activate this Blog and will be back to blogging my art and thoughts. I hope you will come visit often so we can begin sharing and connecting once again. I hope to meet some new friends along the way and I already feel much better! Whew!
I will keep my website (http://www.inmyvintageroom.com/) for strictly SELLING of my art. I will announce, occasionally, on my Blog, when my website has been updated with art for sale. I might have some collage sheet offerings, too, and I still plan on offering my own line of rubber stamps in future. It's just taking me awhile as it's an expensive venture plus there are some technical challenges that I am trying to overcome. I'm a slow learner but determined to get there!
So you see; the past couple of weeks, I've really taken a good look at myself to try to determine why I was feeling a void.
The way my website is set up, it's supposed to act as a Blog as well as a website, but it just wasn't working for me. I didn't feel the same freedom that I do on my Blog.
I guess this is part of being human; these times of self exploration. It's also teaching me that reaching a goal doesn't necessarily mean contentment.
I've been on a bit of a roller coaster with my emotions recently. The art show kicked that in; but not to say I won't do another. I just found myself wondering if I'm a "crafter" or an "artist". I still don't know the answer and it might just not be significant to know that. It's the creative process really; when I stop and think what I love the most about art; it is the process of doing it AND sharing it with all the wonderful friends that I have.
Getting back to my Blog is one huge step for me to get back to the things that mean the most.
Thank you all for your loving support, your caring ways, your beautiful selves and your beautiful art!!
You are true friends who have given me wings!!!!!!!!!!
Love to all.......................Marilyn

5 comments:

Kerri Jean said...

Yay, hooray, yippee, and welcome back!!!!!!! I don't know if you read that obnoxiously long email I sent you yet, but I told you I missed your blog - in part because it's so easy for me to respond - like this - with immediate comments. It is more interactive than a web site! Personally, I think blogs will replace websites eventually!!! You can sell art from your blog too you know!!! (tell me to shut up now)!!!

Laura said...

I'm glad to have you back, too, Marilyn! I've missed your blog!
Laura J

Helen said...

I am so glad you are back. I was really missing your blog. Viewing your artwork gives me much inspiration and I am glad to have you here again. Helen

Anonymous said...

Oh Yes Marilyn.. you Rock... I missed your blog too.. So BLOG ON!!! Hugs..

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Marilyn-so happy to see you blogging!!!! I look forward to seeing and sharing your art journey!

hugs, chris