Tuesday, January 1, 2008

"Art is the Portal to My Soul........."

Happy New Year!

I thought I'd start 2008 off with an upload of a picture of 3 ATC's for an exchange. The theme is Portals. It's actually one of my favorite themes as this word leads me to think of new opportunities, a new vision for an art piece, new friendships, hope, life, the beginning of a new day, etc.

For the backgrounds, I used pieces of some of my acrylic painting scraps that I had left from a workshop.

Thanks so much for visiting and I look forward to sharing more art and thoughts with you in the new year!

Love, Marilyn

6 comments:

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Just gorgeous-and what a wonderful theme!

hugs, chris

vicci said...

I love the atc's Marilyn...it's been awhile since I've done any....would you like to trade 3 for 3 ???????????? XO

Viola said...

Great ATCs, Marilyn!! :-)

Sanja said...

really gorgeous work,Marylin!!:-)

Patti G. said...

Marilyn,
As alwasy, stunning! I love the idea and your scraps make bbbeautiful background papers! WOW! The images are beautiful and the little stamped girl is one of my favorites too! Wheeeee!!!!!!!
Hugs,Patti
I also think the digital collage below looks so neat altered AND that sweet butterfly digi collage to side on your blog is awesome too!

Kerri Jean said...

wonderful interpretation of the theme - i can't wait to see what comes back to me from this one.