These are pictures of a shadowbox-birdhouse that I made out of a small canvas (approx. size 5x5). I love looking for canvases with the opening on the backs of them as I find them so inviting for shadowboxes. I also love birds. I so enjoy observing them, listening to them, seeing pictures of them, reading about their habits. The whole nesting thing fascinates me.
The roof, for this piece, is made out of matboard; I drew the shape, cut out, and used small brads to nail down on top of the canvas. I've had that piece of the fencing for so long and it was really fun to be able to use it. I'm finding that, more and more, with my art stash. Ever since I moved all my art stuff down to our basement, I can actually find things :); even the tiniest of embellishments, it's like discovering things for the first time.
For the back of the canvas (which is really the front) :) , I used crinkled tissue paper with gel medium, painted with acrylics, I used crackle paint for the back of the roof and even on the tiny fence. It gives the little fence a kind of "shabby chic" look.
Thanks for visiting and I wish you all a great weekend; it's our first weekend in 2008!
Love, Marilyn
9 comments:
what a fantastic idea,Marylin.
your shadowbox-birdhouse is absolutely amazing!!!!!:-)
Marilyn-this is so fun!! I just love what you have done with this-great piece-you always come up with the best ideas!!
hugs, chris
THIS is fantastic Marilyn! I see the little"K" there,the recipient will love this and my favorites parts besides ALL of it, are.....
the nature twig with the little bird hanging there, the girls face in the lower left corner just a hint of sweetness, the wording, and dimension of it all........wonderful my friend!!The bird theme is ffffffanstastic too! I cannot get enough of birds! :o) Tweet!
Hugs,Patti
This looks so great, Marilyn!
What a stunning piece!!!
Marilyn...this is so gorgeous. I love everything about it and i adore fences.
What a scrumptious piece. I am such a fan of all of your birdhouses... and this one is no exception. My dad bought me an antique audobon bird book for christmas so that I can learn about the birds who visit the feeder outside my kitchen window!! They are fascinating creatures, and for me they speak to my sometimes conflicting desires to both fly and nest.!!
This is so sweet,Marilyn! I am also obsessed with all things "bird"... I now have 5 feeders attached right outside a huge bay window in my studio. What a treat to see all of my daily visitors!
wow this is soooo fantastic Marilyn. I love it and I wish you a wonderful year 2008!
Wow, Georgeous!!!
Post a Comment