Saturday, July 5, 2008

Nineteen Fifty Two!!



The wonders of Photoshop!

Recently, my mother presented me with a huge canvas bag of what she called "family photos". Now; I never really knew there were family photos in my mother's possession over the years. She said I could go through them and use them for whatever I'd like.

The interesting thing is, when I got the bag home and went through them, most of the pictures were of people I never knew. Some were pictures of my mother with friends of hers from different occasions. The pictures weren't very organized so I decided to wade through them, some more, and much to my amazement, I found this one picture of me when I was a little girl. The picture was in pretty rough shape but with the wonders of Photoshop, I felt I could save it.

I was 3, in this picture, according to my mother, which means it was taken in 1952! YIKES! I'll let you all do the math - lol!

I thought I would do something bright with this picture in Photoshop to kind of celebrate the fact that there was a picture of me that did exist somewhere in the archives :) I used a textured background from some scrapbook paper that I have and filtered it. I added the dove to the picture as it offered me peace that I came across this picture in an old canvas bag that was filled with mostly strangers.

I think I might even work on a painting with this picture. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Now; this leads me to an idea!!!! How about an art exchange? It could be a one-for-one; say 8 x 10 canvas board collage and we have to use a childhood picture of ourselves!!! What do you think?

Whoever is interested, please email me Artbeliever@gmail.com . Deadline for signing up is:

Friday, July 11th. (More details will follow once I get sign ups. :)

I hope you are all having a safe and happy weekend! Love to all - Marilyn xxoo

14 comments:

Erasmuse said...

You were so cute! and you still are :)

I don't believe you're snagging me in again. Not saying an absolute til I know the full details...but I'm definitely feeling the pull to get in on this one. LOL

Pam
"Altered My Muse"
http://alteredmymuse.wordpress.com/

"Every Doll Needs a Home"
http://home.nycap.rr.com/tsmall/2006/indax.html

Anonymous said...

Marilyn this is sooooo cool... I have a few of myself when I was little.. wish I had more time to play with photoshop.. not sure if I will have time for the exchange.. I might be taking a break from the art and stuff for awhile after I get a few of my quilt projects done..

Anonymous said...

That photo of you is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
CUTE !!!!
love from sesga xx

Viola said...

Really a cute photo of you, Marilyn!
Pretty little girl!! :o)

Patti G. said...

Ohhhhhhhhh this is a most adorable picture of you and the collage is awesome! I am soooooo tickled seeing this! I hope your challenge goes well! I bet there will be tons of sweet SELF pictures out there! I have misses all your fantastic collages too! Love the affirmation and the others you have shared since I have been working!!!!!! Beautiful! Hugs,Patti

Carol Q said...

Marilyn I just love this background. It's fantastic! (and you were very cute at 3 LOL)

Kaz said...

aaaaaaw what a cute picture, I bet you're glad you saved it. fantastic what you can do with photoshop - well, if you know how...lol

Anonymous said...

Look at those pink cheeks :) You are such a cutie pie. Great piece. I wish I had pics of me when I was young and growing up but I only have a couple. Hope all is well with you. I am going to shoot you an email in a day or two. Hugs from Montana and I.

Laura said...

This is great, Marilyn! What an ADORABLE child and great use of Photoshop!! The challenge is definitely intriguing....

Gillian .... said...

marylin ... what a gorgeous picture, just love those glowing cheeks, so adorable,your canvas is wonderful:)
p.s - see my blog for an award:)

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

You are darling-now and then!! I love this piece!
hugs chris

Femmy said...

The photo is sooo cute!! beautiful piece again Marilyn!!!

Alexandra said...

This is fantastic Marylin!

Sanja said...

that foto of you is sooooooo sweet.
love your canvas,Marilyn.beautiful work as always.:0)))
xoxo
Sanja