Thursday, July 17, 2008

"Tout a la Ligne!"....................



I named this piece "Tout a la Ligne", which in French means something close to "everything is in line". You probably cannot see at the top of this piece there are the title words I collaged there. I've had that tiny words piece, torn out of some book, for the longest time; probably years! It finally made its way to one of my art pieces :) I always find that amazing; what a path art is. It kind of guides us doesn't it?

Anyway; this piece is an acrylic/mixed media piece that is on a very odd-sized canvas. It measures 4" x 12" and is very thick which I love. I guess you'd call this one of those framed canvases. I felt I wanted to turn it, this way, for a different challenge rather than the landscape way.

The figure, there, is actually a rubber stamp image that I stamped onto print paper with Black Stazon, increased the size then used it as a negative stencil on this canvas. I painted in areas with acrylics and Textile paints. I kind of like the way it turned out; I wanted the script paper to show underneath.

Thanks for visiting, your supportive comments mean so much to me and I am so appreciative of your friendships and inspiration.

I hope your day is a happy one! Love, Marilyn xxoo

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn ,Another stunning piece of work I really like the canvas shape its unusual.
Love from sesgaxx

Laura said...

VERY nice, Marilyn! A different sort of figure - very cool. I recognize the canvas...I love these. Great colors, too!

bockel24 said...

Love this piece - great colours and design!

DJ said...

Very nice, Marilyn! The figure is great, she looks very french!

Alexandra said...

Stunning work Marilyn

Sanja said...

fabulos piece Marilyn!!:0))
Have a nice weekend!
xoxo

Femmy said...

You lightened my day with this piece marilyn!! it's fantastci! love the colours!

Gillian .... said...

Very french chic Marylin, I really like this odd shaped canvas:)

Kerri Jean said...

OOOOh, this piece has such a graphic impact with the colors and sharp images, which I love!!! And the extreme vertical size is so refreshing!! LOVE it!!!!

Viola said...

Fabulous!!!

Lorri said...

I love this Marilyn, It's gorgeous - stunning colours and design :)