Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"Funky Pears"........................



I love pears! The shapes, colors within color, they taste good and I'm noticing, very often, subjects of paintings.

I belong to an art league, in my area, and we had the opportunity to offer some "priced-to-sell" art pieces for a two-month holiday extravaganza.

This piece is one of my entries. It is an 8 x 10 that is on watercolor paper.

When I took this picture, the painting wasn't quite finished. I've since added some gold leaf, postage stamps, a touch of some Asian newspaper strips and a butterfly.

Hope you're all having a good start to your week. I'm off to vote now :)

Much love, Marilyn

13 comments:

Deb said...

Oh my gosh Marilyn... this is just AWESOME!! How big is it? I truly love it :0)
Hope all is well with you. I am trying to get back into visting my favorite blogs and you were first on the list. Have a great day my friend! xo Deb

http://vintagemoonstudio.typepad.com

DJ said...

Great collage, Marilyn!
Just got back from voting myself. :)

Joy Logan said...

This is wonderful,is that a stamp or paper you used as the lace? They saypears most represent the womans form...hmmm. Thanks for hopping over to my blog occasionally.

Laura said...

This is great, Marilyn! Just beautiful.

Gaby Bee said...

This piece is fabulous as usual!
Have an artful day.
Gaby xo

Patti G. said...

Marilyn, love your pears and the sweet lace table cloth that gently hangs over! You will have to show us the finished piece too with your add ons! This is so very pretty! Hugs,Patti

Heather Robinson said...

There is indeed something very appealing about pears that you've captured so beautifully in this piece....their shape, colour, texture, sensual quality. Gorgeous, my friend!

Viola said...

Fab work, Marilyn! Love it!!!

Sanja said...

stunning collage Marilyn!:0)
xoxo

Femmy said...

just great!!!I love it!!!

Jacky said...

Marilyn your "Funky Pears" are gorgeous... so vibrant!

Joy Logan said...

I do love this piece please show me the finished product Marilyn? You said you added to it?

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn
I love your painting of Pears I have too agree they are beautiful colour and shape .
You are very talented You have painted them beautifully .
Congrats on selling your art work .

Love from sesga xxx