Sunday, November 9, 2008

SOLD!


I've shared a picture of this piece in an earlier post. It is of a collaborative piece that my friend Karen Schupack and I created for the Albany Historical Foundation project called "Built".
This weekend, on Saturday evening, was the silent auction event that was held in the Church of All Saints in Albany, NY.
I just got the good news that our piece SOLD and went to the highest bidder :)
Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's funny because, while Karen and I are happy about this, there was also a little sadness to part with it. We were already discussing "shared custody" if it didn't sell. I definitely wanted holidays! Oh well; we have plans to do more. :)
I hope you are all having a happy and artful weekend.......................Much love - Marilyn xxoo

9 comments:

Femmy said...

Congrats Marilyn!!! it's a beautiful piece!!

DJ said...

Congrats, Marilyn! That's fantastic!

lindacreates said...

I can understand that you would feel some sadness, this is beautiful! Congratulations!!!
Thank you for your touching comments regarding my cancer survivorship. I means a great deal. Linda

Viola said...

Congrats, Marilyn! Really a wonderful piece! :o)

artbeth67 said...

CONGRATS!!! Great news :) I know exactly what you mean about being sad to see it go.

Laura said...

I would have been happy to see this when you had custody! Oh, well. I'm sure that someone is VERY happy to own it.

Jacky said...

Congratulations (and commiserations??) Fantastic that your piece did so well at the auction, but I can understand how hard it would be have parted with this piece.
I am glad you two girls will collaborate on other works as I love what you do!!

Gaby Bee said...

Congrats Marilyn! Great news. The highest bidder must be really fortunate to own this masterpiece!

Gaby :-))

Kerri Jean said...

May congratulations. Great piece.