Saturday, December 20, 2008

"Cherish"..................

Thought I'd pop in, here, for a bit in between stuff...................
This is a digital collage that I created, tonight, while enjoying some relaxation time in my home. Last Friday, December 12th, we had a terrible ice storm that hit our area and we were without power for one week. We didn't have heat, lights, running water; all those comforts of home that I took for granted.
Fortunately, we had family to turn to and we stayed at my son and daughter-in-law's home during this stressful time. We were very appreciative of their gesture of love taking us in for a whole week. Thank you David and Kate!
We just got back in our home yesterday. I am cherishing the moments, now, feeling the heat that is coming from the vents, the Christmas tree lights, the bathroom light! I am appreciating the fact that I can sit, in my favorite chair, while having my computer on my lap, while my husband is watching the news on TV.
Our area was hit hard by this ice storm; just driving around our neighborhood lets me know that we were luckier than some.
We did suffer some external damage to our home from falling trees and heavy limbs but we were able to come back and stay in the house once the power was restored. Some people were not that fortunate.
I am very thankful for my family and my friends who have offered their assistance and help during this difficult time. I would like to thank everyone who reached out to us; your love and support were so appreciated.
Happy holidays to all of you and I will be back blogging soon.
Love to all........................Marilyn

11 comments:

Femmy said...

I saw some of that ice storm on tv, had no idea that it was also in your neighbourhood!! Glad you could stay at your son's home.
This digital collage is beautiful as always!
For you and your's a merry Christmas and happy, healthy new year!!
hugs Femmy

DJ said...

Your collage is great! Glad you made out (relatively) well in the storm, we were really lucky and didn't lose power at all. Have a great Christmas!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Marilyn-glad to hear you are okay, and that your home fared better than many. Knock on wood-we have not had that happen for several years, and I am hoping not to have to live through it ever again!! I am so happy you are back home. Merry Christmas to you and to yours!
hugs, chris

Gaby Bee said...

Hi Marilyn, I saw some pictures of that ice storm on tv also. Glad to hear you and your family are ok and that you are back home.
I wish you and yours a Verry Merry Christmas!

Gaby xo

Patti G. said...

Marilyn,
Ohhhhh what a horrible winter this has bene already! I am glad that you are managing because what else can we do? We just plug along and are thankful it is not worse!
Sending a Christmas hug your way.......give an extra to David and Kate for keeping you while you struggled, and to Ted for just being him! :0)
Smooches,
Patti

Viola said...

Oh, Marilyn,so glad to hear you are ok!! Have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2009. Sending big hugs to you! :o)

Jackie said...

Hi Marilyn
Thank you for your Christmas wishes.
Happy Christmas to you.
I will be back to look at your blog when I have more time.
x

Gillian .... said...

Glad to hear you are safe and well, wishing you and your loved ones a very merry christmas and a happy new year x

Heather Robinson said...

Oh Marilyn, I've been away from blogging for a little while and have missed so much. There is nothing like having all of the amenities taken away to make you appreciate them even more. Your piece shows such serenity and gentleness. I just sighed when I saw it. Happy New Year dear friend. I consider myself very lucky indeed to have found you this year. Hugs...

Elizabeth said...

This collage is wonderful!! So sorry to hear about the ice stroams but so glad that you had a nice place to stay!! When we lived in OK we had horrible ice strorms every year!! The damage is truely devastating and recovery is intermidable!!! The trees suffer so terribly! I am so glad that you are back home and can enjoy the holidays in your own comfy chair with allof your own stuff!!!
happy New Year to You dear friend!!
Big Hugs!
Elizabeth

Joy Logan said...

OH geez you where one of the poor folks without electricity,so sorry! Our power goes out in the summer enough to be scared all winter now. Glad you made it thru ok.