
More fun with my altered book. I recently went for a hike at a local nature preserve, in our area, to take some photos. I'm helping to organize an art exhibit/festival there in May (more details will come soon).
I went by myself and took one of the beautiful nature trails that are offered there. (5 Rivers Environmental Center in Delmar, NY) .
Even though there is still some snow on the ground and a chill in the air, I found myself spellbound by all that I was observing. I saw "my" crows busy feeding and socializing, birds that I've never seen before and the peace that came over me was just overwhelming! I really soaked up the shapes of the bare tree branches, the textures in the tree trunks, the shapes of the rocks and more! And; it cost nothing! Free entertainment, therapy and artistic inspiration!
As soon as I came home, I sat at my art table and decided to work on this spread. I wanted this spread to reflect the feeling I got being by myself with nature. It really got me in touch with my feelings and getting to know a little more about myself. It's funny; we think we know ourselves because we think we should. But; we're so busy, in life, tending to our families, making new friends, that I sometimes think we lose ourselves. Things go on the "back burner". It's really okay but I guess being alone with nature, like this, allowed me to put some of my own thoughts and feelings upfront and personal :)
I wish you all a joyful day, a peaceful one and take some time, for yourself, to get to know yourself more. It's amazing who you will discover!
Much love always! Marilyn
16 comments:
beautiful Marilyn!!
I'm finally able to catch up a little on some blogs. Love this spread, Marilyn!
There's nothing like free entertainment and therapy, all in one! Beautiful interpretation, Marilyn!
Diane
Hi Marilyn,
Shame on me, it has been a few days since last visiting your blog.
Have you changed your blog header again? So cool, especially love the "doorway" on the top row.
Architecture is one of my favorite "themes."
So enjoyed the "story" behind your latest journal pages.
Wow !Loving nature and the color purple, these pages really caught my eye! Love them!
Wishing you an enjoyable day.
xox
gorgeous Marilyn. this is going to be such a lovely journal to treasure.
gorgeous Marilyn. this is going to be such a lovely journal to treasure.
gorgeous pages,Marilyn!
xoxo
Sanja
It is always so much fun to come here and look around! These pages are terrific as always.
Gorgeous colors and texture... perfect with the images!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Gaby xo
How gorgeous again, Marilyn!!!
Your book spreads are just marvelous!! I love your Haiku 4x4!!
Beautiful work!!
hugs!
Elizabeth
Marilyn, this spread for your journal is wwwwwwwonderful along with the message of nature! BUT,I need to mention your BANNER on the blog! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!
Hugs,Patti
Wonderful pages as well. Have a nice Sunday Marilyn.
WOW girlllllll look at that journal,impressive!
What a wonderful post! I love that you translated the feelings you had being alone with nature in your round robin journal page. How true that we are SO busy that these moments of discovery are rare. This is a stunning spread. I can't wait to hear more about the event you are planning.
Very nice! I love Five Rivers too.
I am loving this one - and of course the others. This one really speaks to me. Am I going to get to see these in PERSON this weekend?
Pam
http://alteredmymuse.wordpress.com/
"Altered My Muse"
Post a Comment