This is another sneak peak of a nature mixed media painting I am working on this week. I almost have it finished. (16 x 20 canvas)It's in the drying stage, right now, so I thought I'd take a picture of it and flip it in Photoshop and alter it a bit for my Blog posting today.
Mostly all of the collage elements in this piece are a result of me taking pictures at the nature preserve (previous post)
The beginning of next week, I will be announcing another Blog challenge and I'll give you a hint. It will have something to do with "Mr. or Mrs" owl that you see here :)
As I'm preparing these paintings for the nature show in May, I've decided to recycle some canvas paintings that I've had here that just weren't working for me or anyone else for that matter :) It's not the easiest thing to do as it means sanding down the old painting which takes a lot of time. But, the rewarding thing is that I'm not running out to buy a new canvas. And; the sanding down and scraping of the old painting creates a wonderful textural surface to work on particularly for these nature paintings.
I'm thinking of you all and hoping you're enjoying your day; have a safe and artful weekend ahead!
Much love - Marilyn
11 comments:
Beautiful Marilyn! I am confused though...why are you sanding down the old one...have you run out of gesso??? LOL
love,
Pam
http://alteredmymuse.wordpress.com/
"Altered My Muse"
Your painting is fantastic Marilyn. Have a nice and creative weekend.
Marilyn, I love the owl and the building in the background too. The colors are beautiful! Your altered digi here shows the feel of it and it is very soothing to look at , the colors are grrrrrrreat! Hugs,Patti
And a challenge huh? Hmmmmmmmm with the owl! I will be watching!
Hugs,Patti
I am definitely going to take a class from you to learn how to do this exquisite color layering, Marilyn -- you've got me salivating over these textures. Beautiful work!
Diane
Oh Marilyn, I could live within this one. It beckons me somehow. The colours are so rich and speak of the mysteries of nature and of discovery. This show is going to be stunning!
what a great colors!
fabulos piece again,Marilyn!
Marilyn... all your pieces are incredible... and I love love love owls.. I want to do one on a quilt.. I love blue herons too but, I already did a quilt on them... Love your Aries Owl.....
stunning piece Marilyn!!! great colors!!
I agree with everyone else, this piece is amazing. I am always loving the color palette you use. Simply perfect!
Gaby xo
What a fabulous piece, Marilyn! Really great colors!
This is beautiful!
Post a Comment