
In my previous post I mentioned that I made some collage papers at my Altered Book session last Friday evening at the Albany Art Room.
While our altered book spreads were drying, I shared with students, a fun technique working with old text pages.
I love old text and scripts and love to have the original pages show in some form.
Here is a picture of some of the papers that I made. We used the Adirondack Spray Inks that come in luscious colors. I wanted to use these autumn-like colors to use in a mixed-media piece that I will be working on soon. I got out my favorite masks and just had fun playing. I really like the result and cannot wait to start using these papers! They take a little bit of time to dry but worth the wait!
Hope you're all safe, having a good week and getting some art time in!
Thinking of you all..............................Love, Marilyn xxoo
18 comments:
I love these pages Marilyn, they are so effective.
ooh - these are truly yummy Marilyn!
these are gorgeous, especially love the bird one, can't wait to see what you do with them!
Great fun with the masks Marilyn!!!! Love the effect! Wheeeee!
Hugs,Patti
Beautiful, Marilyn!!
Marilyn these are truly beautiful by themselves. Can't wait to see what you do with them.
Marilyn -- tell me more about the "masks." Did you make them yourself? What a great idea to use old printed pages this way -- gorgeous!
Diane
what a beautiful papers marilyn, great colors too!!
have a great weekend!!
This is stunning, Marilyn. Fantastic effects.
Wonderful! You will have fun using these. How could you not?
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and commenting. I've been going through your posts and just love your newspaper pages. I'm going to try that with some stencils I have or will make. Thinking maybe to use stamps on them as well. Will continue to read your blog! Many thanks! Jill
How very cool and awesome are these.
Truly so neat, Marilyn.
Big Hugs, Laura.
Marilyn,
I do love these..Looks like you had a wonderful time.
Katelen
Hi Marilyn,
Ooooh, what a gorgeous effect!
Happy week-end.
It's only supposed to reach 99 here today !!!!
xox
These pages are terrific, Marilyn!
Gaby xo
these are all fabulous! love the bird!
These are gorgeous, Marilyn!!
Very cool... I have some of these masks.. wasn't sure how to use them. And I have some spray too.. I'll have to try this technique.. thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment