
I had such a beautiful mail delivery week, last week, that I wanted to share with you.This all happened in one week!
First; I received this gorgeous, jaw-dropping fabric tote from my dear friend Ruth who now is a Floridian :) I visited Ruth, in August, for a not-long-enough stay but we did have a really super visit together. Ruth does not have a Blog, although I do think she should, as she is magical with fabric! I love the fabric choice, the crow, of course, is just amazing with beaded detail and love the eye!!!! The back of the tote is just as lovely with some printed organza! Thank you, Ruth, and I carried it, with me, at my collage workshop at the Art Room, this week, and everyone was all over it! :)
Two days after I received the tote, a surprise package came from my very creative and caring, friend, Heather Robinson. Please check out Heather's Blog (linked here as she is so talented and creative. Her themed pieces are amazing!
Heather sent me this beautiful journal she altered as an ode to Aries, the owl, who I met and fell in love with at the 5 Rivers Environment Center last spring. I participated in an art exhibit and workshops, there, and Aries lives at the center.
I offered a challenge, on my Blog, to use a picture of Aries and create something in his honor (much older post; in archives).
Heather responded to this beautifully and I now have her lovely journal on display in my home. Eventually, I will use this for my own personal use.
Thank you Ruth and Heather for making this week so special for me!
Hope you all are enjoying your weekend and wish you a safe and happy week ahead.
Coming soon........................photos of students' works from a beeswax workshop that I instructed this weekend. :)
Peace and love to all of you..............................Marilyn xxoo
18 comments:
OMG this is stunning.
Really creative and unqiue. Love them.
Both pieces are wonderful!! The tote is amazing and it would be so cool to see it in person!! I am glad that you were able to leave your class with it in hand!!!!!! The journal is fabulous too!!Off to visit Heather!!
Hugs!
Elizabeth
Wow, you make me envious - that tote is fantastic, I love it!!
Thanks for sharing these wonderful and beautiful art pieces! It is so great to develope an art community for learning, sharing and surprises!
Wow! Ruth is one talented fabric artist! The bad is just gorgeous (and yes - you should encourage her to start a blog and share her work!)... and the journal is incredible... great owl print! How fortunate you are to be graced with such wonderful gifts and friends! xox
ps... sorry, meant to say the BAG is just gorgeous!!
Oho, Marilyn, this is incredible.
Really great artwork!
Your friends are as talented and generous as you are, Marilyn -- enjoy the gifts in the best of health!
Diane
this is fantastic!!! lucky you!!
Really fantastic art pieces, Marilyn!
Marilyn
the pieces you received are both gorgeous! beautiful artwork and so special! thank you for sharing! :) Happy Monday to you! :)
Marilyn, it is so wonderful artwork
have a good week and thanks for your inspiration
Oh Marilyn, You lucky girl :)
They are awesome, I LOVE that tote!!
btw, can you advise me what is happening with the 'altered chess' sets?
As I would like to follow up on it.
Thanks,
xo
Hi Marilyn,
I'm a dork - sorry I got confused and thought it was you that organised the altered sets - just when you commented and said Kerri - I thought oh yeah!! You and I were both involved. Bec & I haven't got our sets back yet. Sorry for confusion. Thank you so much for your kind words, I'm having so much fun with my little sketches and paintings xo
What amazing gifts from such talented artists!! The tote is so you!!!!
hugs, chris
What great pieces. How wonderful it must have been to find these delightful treasures in your mailbox.
What wonderful gifts your art friends created for you....I LOVE them both.
The tote is gorgeous...the crow and those lovely colours and the beautiful journal with Aries the owl!!!
Jacky xox
Post a Comment