
I've been working on some small projects lately and having fun with them. These are pictures of the projects. The grouped twelve are Twinchies I did for a holiday project and the grouped six are Inchies that I did for a local exchange.This is the first time I've worked on such small substrates but found you can really jam-pack them with art! The Inchies are 1 x 1 and the Twinchies are 2 x 2's. Cool, huh?
The third picture is of a 4 x 6 collaged postcard I did for an online project. The theme is Christmas and I started this piece with alcohol inks and went on from there.
I haven't been doing much painting really. I don't have any shows coming up until 2010 so I have a little time. I will be continuing, this week, with my Collage Workshop at the Albany Art Room and then planning some local workshops. More to come on that very soon!
In meantime; hope you are all well and having a good weekend. I wish you a safe, healthy and happy upcoming week.
Much love - Marilyn xxoo
20 comments:
Wow these are fantastic.
Unbelievable designs and work. Love them all.
Marilyn, you are so busy! Your work is oustanding. A big aplause !
your small project is absolutely beautiful,dear Marilyn!
have a nice day
Sanja xo
It IS amazing how you can make such a huge artistic statement in such little spaces! Well done! Hugs, Terri
so sweet!!! i especially love your holiday postcard!
I LOVE the itty bitties, Marilyn -- you could make jewelry out of them by attaching pins to the back, couldn't you? They would be so lovely to wear!
Diane
Fantastic little inchies and twinchies. Have a nice week Marilyn. Hugs Alexandra
Absolutely fabulous artwork! As always! ;-) Have a wonderful week, Marilyn!
Marilyn
each one of these is a treasure! you have given me such inspiration in creating these...I think inches and twinchies have been attempted twice in my lifetime..now I might think differently about approaching them....and thanks for getting "It's A Small World" stuck in my head this morning ;) xoxoxo
isn't it great to change the size we work on? it really changes our perspective! love the tinies!
Marilyn,
LOVE the twincies and inchies! That sounds like a fun thing to say even! Hehehe! They are beautiful and packed with great art, on such a little canvas! :0)
Your post card is DARLING and I think I want to make a post card for Christmas this year! Yours is super and could be sent to artsy friends for sure!!!!!!
oxoxoxxo
Hugs,Patti
I love your little masterpieces!! They are beautiful, thanks for the inspiration!
Oh!! And your Christmas postcard is soooo fantastic!
Your postcard is fabulous and I love the expression on the little girls face!! your new banner collage is fabulous- love how you did the pockets out of old text!! Really sweet detail!!
You are amazing!!
Big Hugs!
Elizabeth
Where do you find the time. And while you are sick too? Your inchies are fabulous and I've never heard of the twinchies. How fun. They are great.
Marilyn really "wonderful" everything, such a talented lady you are.
Hugs, Laura.
Thanks for sharing.
wow, so wonderful mini pieces,
so much to detect
I love these! You've achieved such richness and texture, they are wonderful. Thank you for your comment, too - it made me smile.
I love how you can fit so much into such small pieces. Very creative!!!
Love it all Marilyn. The seasons are wonderful. Can't wait to see them mounted to an interesting substrate!!! Love the inchies & twinchies!!!
Post a Comment