on Wednesday evenings. I'm having the students work on an 11 x 12 canvas and we started out with adhering chosen collage elements onto the blank canvas and then building upward. It's been quite a process and we still have 3 sessions to go.Students are usually used to doing backgrounds, first, then adding the collage elements. The challenge is to build up from the elements, meshing the images with painting, texturizing, line work - truly a mixed-media workshop.
The little nest and bird, there, in this piece is actually where I showed students how to cut a niche into the canvas and I really enjoyed the expressions on their faces seeing me cut a hole in the canvas! I have very enthusiastic students, their pieces are really coming together and I will share the students' works upon completion of the series.
Thank you all for your visits, here; you give me wings to reach higher and higher with my art! You, your art and words are my inspiration.
Wishing you all a safe, healthy, and joyful weekend ahead!
Love to all........................Marilyn xxoo
21 comments:
Wow this is brilliant.
Fantastic design and work. Love them.
Ohhh Marilyn I wish you all the best. Your words are always inspirational for me. Your work is fantastic. Hugs Alexandra
This is so great. I wish I was nearer to take your classes. So inspiring.
Love it Marilyn. And I love your telling of how students react. It makes me remember why I miss teaching so much - the looks of interest and wonder and surprise. Love it. Beautiful. Like you!!!
How interesting to "build upward"! Quite an adventure and eye-opener for your students! Brilliant! Hugs, Terri
How I wish you were just wee bit closer so I could take your classes! This canvas is another lovely piece - your students are so lucky to have such a talented and inspiring teacher!! xox Deb
awww! you are the best! so wonderful to be a teacher and pass on what you have learned!
I love the blending of colors and shapes. Beautiful piece!
What a fantastic work!!!!
Another gorgeous artwork, Marilyn. So beautiful!!!I also want to thank you for all your kind comments on my blog, I have high regards for your artwork, and your comments are much appreciated!! Wish you a very nice weekend my blogfriend.
MARTINA xxx
Yay!!! I'm sooo happy you won in my giveaway, Marilyn! When you have an opportunity, please send me an email with your home address to tkahrs@optonline.net! Have a super weekend! Hugs, Terri xoxo
this is stunning Marilyn!!
love your new blog look!!
have a great weekend!
Wonderful piece and what an exciting workshop! There is something special about working together on projects- you learn so much ! Have a great weekend Marilyn and thank you for your lovely comments on my blog!
Marilyn,
Your art is just an inspiration and that is why the students in your class feel your enthusiasm and love for art and it becomes contageous!!!!!!!! WONDERFUL!!!!
Hugs,Patti
The class sounds wonderful, and I love the idea of cutting a 'niche' in the canvas! It's brilliant!
Your students are very lucky.
Cutting a hole in the canvas -- wow!! Talk about thinking outside the box! Your mind is such a wonderful thing to behold, Marilyn!
Diane
What can I say that hasn't already been said. Beautiful colors, beautiful composition and beautiful you!!
I love this. Thanks for all that you share.
Katelen
Okay now I really need you to come to visit. It would be a dream come true to learn from you because your artwork is always so magical and full of glorious texture and detail. Warm hugs to you dear friend.
Stunning work again!!!
I wish we lived closer...I'd be first through the door at your classes. Inspirational.
Post a Comment