Sunday, October 18, 2009

"A Place of Wonder".........................


This is a postcard I did, today, with the theme of our interpretation of Halloween.

The background is on glossy cardstock and I played around with my alcohol inks; they've been a little neglected lately :)

Thank you for all your well-wishes; I think your thoughts and words are healing factors as I'm starting to feel better with a bit more energy! See? You all have healing powers!

Hope you're all having a good weekend!

Love to all of you and stay well - Marilyn xxoo

22 comments:

bockel24 said...

Good to hear that you´re feeling better! And I love the warm colours of your Halloween card, just beautiful!

Femmy said...

what a beautiful piece again Marilyn!!

Martina said...

Marilyn, your piece is spectacular! I'm glad I came by to see your work today! Wish you a nice rest of weekend.

Caterina Giglio said...

love this image and alcohol inks are wonderful! love the quote too!

Sandy said...

Yeah this is stunning.
Fantastic card with amazing details. Just perfect.

Sanja said...

love your Halloween card,Marilyn.
xo
Sanja

Patti G. said...

Marilyn ,
Love your mysterious Halloween post card! It is fabulous, love the colors of the alcohol ink and the black birds of course!!!!
xoxoxoxo
Hugs,Patti

Diane J. Evans said...

I love the quote as well as the card, Marilyn -- are you the author of these beautiful words?

Diane

Peggy Beck said...

Hi Marilyn. I'm glad you are feeling better but I didn't know you were sick. I would have brought some chicken soup!! I love what you did with the postcard. The colors are fabulous and love the effects of the inks and birds in air. So cool.
P.S. I posted on my old blog some new stuff. Later.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Oh Miss Marilyn what a wonderful collage! I love the background so full of many details! sorry about you being sick (the flu is really going around)! Hope you are better!

Deb L. said...

I love this piece and especially like the quote - another beautiful creation! Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery... xoxo

Tabitha said...

oooh very cool! glad you are feeling better!!!

Jacky said...

Happy you are feeling better Marilyn...your latest piece is wonderful, loving that background!

Jacky xox

Lori Saul said...

Sorry to read you haven't been well- but are feeling a bit better now! This is a wonderful Halloween piece- the alcohol inks add a perfect effect for the theme- they add a depth and mysterious quality. Beautifiul work!

Terri Kahrs said...

Gorgeous! Love the image and the beautiful background! Hugs, Terri

Laura Haviland said...

This is just beautiful,Marilyn, feel as good as new soon. Sending great big feel better soon "Healthy hugs" !!!
I love the color and everything in this art piece. Hugs Laura.

vintage wil said...

What a beautiful piece!!!

Tolegranny said...

I love Halloween colours and compositions. Great card. I had a great vacation, thanks. Things getting neglected...all the time. I jump from one stash to another.

Gaby Bee said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better!
Once again you have done a wonderful job with color and texture. Just gorgeous!

Alexandra said...

Your Halloween piece is fantastic Marilyn Hugs Alexandra

Anonymous said...

Gosh i really am in love with this one marilyn, it is a stunning piece of work and the background is just amazing !! I love your art
hugs June xxx

Viola said...

What a wonderful piece again! Glad you`re feeling better, dear friend! :-)