Thursday, October 1, 2009

"Sweet Friend"..............................


Recently I purchased some beautiful vintage wallpaper from Paperbag Studios Online Shoppe. I'm never disappointed in the offerings, there, and the wallpaper was no exception.

I decided to create a little sample using one of the wallpaper designs as a background on this 5 x 5 hardboard piece. I combined the background with some stamping from the Little Feet unmounted stamp sheet from Paperbag Studios (the same sheet I used on the altered baby shoes; see earlier post below).

The small image of the two little girls, there, is actually a tiny cabinet card that I had picked up in my travels. I adhered it to the piece with gel medium and added crackling compound along the sides, distressing with acrylics; hand-tinting with oil pastels. I embellished with some small flowers, beading and a glass pebble.

Once the collage was done, I decided to make this into a hanging piece and used beaded fringe for the hanger.

We have another weekend approaching; I wish, for you, a safe and happy day and a wonderful upcoming weekend!!!!

Much love to all of you..................................Marilyn xxoo

16 comments:

Diane J. Evans said...

What a beauty, Marilyn -- your creativity makes me smile and always inspires me!

Diane

Laura Haviland said...

This is adorable "Marilyn" who truly "Rocks". I love the words too, the colors are perfect. This is a beautiful piece, be proud.
Thanks for sharing, Hugs Laura.

Sandy said...

Wow what a great piece of art. Really gorgeous design.

Femmy said...

what a beautiful hanger Marilyn!!
hope you have a nice weekend1
hugs femmy

Sugar Lump Studios said...

oh Miss Marilyn
this is just the sweetest! I love the colors and darling image! makes me smile just looking at it! Happy Friday!

Martina said...

This is stunning, Marilyn ! Love your mix of images, textures and colours!

Gaby Bee said...

Love your creativity Marilyn! Beautifully created!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Gaby xo

Barb said...

Hi Marilyn, Ooooh, what an adorable creation - luv it !!
xox
Barb

Peggy Beck said...

Marilyn, where you find the time I will never know but I'm glad you do. I love to look at your works and I must say the flower print is outstanding. I also love this 5 by 5. The collage is sinply precious.

Carol Q said...

gorgeous Marilyn, beautiful colours

Patti G. said...

This is absolutely stunning Marilyn! LOVe all the texture and the colors are soft and sweet! The stamps fit it perfectly too, and that cabinet card.......darling!!!!!!
xoxoxox
Hugs,Patti

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

What wonderful detail. So much to look at. Bet this is even better in RL.

Laura Haviland said...

Mariyn Who truly "Rocks" I miss you and your posts on your blog.
We had to do without you for so long. It was very hard to go through, hahahaha.Now you are back,LOL.I hope you can start posting so more fabulous art soon. I adore your art work and you.
YOU GIVE ME WINGS.
Have a great day.
Hugs, Laura.

Deb L. said...

Beautiful piece, dear M! And I love the beaded hanger too ~ xox

Viola said...

What a wonderful collage, Marilyn! Love your hanger so much. Gorgeous work!!

Alexandra said...

Wonderful collage Marilyn! Love the colors. Hugs Alexandra