Friday, October 16, 2009

"True Pleasures"

I've been nursing a cold,this week, that has developed into an upper respiratory infection, of sorts, and I had to visit the doctor yesterday. So; I've been confined, to home, and I find I really don't make a very good patient and I think it's because I'm not "patient" :) Bed rest has been recommended along with some meds. and well; I'm just not very good at bed rest.

I've been missing creating art and have had to cancel some things, this week, which I always feel badly about. But; I also do not want to infect others as that is an important part of being a good patient. With all that is going around, now, it is highly recommended to stay home, rest and try not to be around a lot of other people so that is what I am doing.

Having said all this, I just had to get to some art work, today, and often when I'm experimenting with something new, that I have here, I always start small. This is a photo of a tag I did today using an overlay of organza. I have a photo, in my files, of a section of one of my mixed-media paintings so I printed it out - full page- on a sheet of organza. I love it!!!!! I cut out a section of the organza that I saw fitting for this tag, sewed it - yes sewed (I know much to the surprise of people who know me-lol!) onto the tag. I added some sequins, fringe, fibers, and paper flowers as embellishments. I now am going to think about how to add this organza to larger pieces. The effect is just wonderful and I love the frayed edges that occur after cutting the organza, too. I will use the rest of my organza print-out in another piece.

If you click on the picture, here, you'll get a closer look of the organiza piece.

By the way; the organza comes in a packet by Jacquard that I picked up at JoAnn's with a coupon. You only get 5 sheets in pack.

I'm wishing you all a great weekend ahead; hope you get lots of art time in and please stay well! I never stop appreciating your visits and lovely comments; that's the BEST medicine :)

Much love to you all..................Marilyn xxoo

12 comments:

Tabitha said...

Aw Marilyn, I hope you feel better soon! There's no better way to distract yourself from feeling miserable than creating art! Beautiful tag!

Patti G. said...

I LOVE this tag and your were sewing!!!!!!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeee, you go Marilyn!!!!!
This is beautiful and festive too!
Love the organza and the stitching and all your embellishments, this makes me smile.....from ear to ear!
FEEL BETTER soon!
Hugs,Patti

Sandy said...

Yeah wow this Tag is stunning.
Fantastic colors and design. Amazing.

Carol Q said...

hope you're on the mend Marilyn! this is a beautiful tag.

Sanja said...

brilliant tag,Marilyn!love the colors and design.
feel beetter soon !
Sanja xoxo

Martina said...

Hi Marilyn,
first I wish you a speedy recovery.
Last week I had a cold too.
Your tag is wonderful. Fantastic colours and great image.
Wish you a nice weekend.
MARTINA xxx

L.B. said...

ooo this is beautiful Marilyn! I love the tag! :) Man, I miss painting! I'm in the middle of a few paintings but it all got halted with school :( ... oh well. I'll get to it soon enough.

Debbie said...

I'm sorry you've been sick and I hope you feel better soon! This piece is really great!

Diane J. Evans said...

Love the tag,Marilyn -- even when you're ill, you manage to produce some amazing art work! Please rest, put your feet up, and let someone wait on you -- you know, pretend you're a man . . .

I'll be praying for your swift return to good health!

Diane

Deb L. said...

Love the look of the organza! Hope you are taking good care of yourself... making art is so much more fun than being sick!! xox

Gaby Bee said...

Your tag is fantastic. Hope you are feeling better very soon!

Viola said...

Love your tag, Marilyn! Really great!!