Saturday, November 28, 2009

Student works............................:)


I recently completed a 6-week collage workshop series at the Albany Art Room.

I wanted to share some of my student works with you as I felt they really took off with the techniques I offered. For the larger pieces, we began with the blank canvas and I shared how to prep the canvas, add their collage images first and then build up with textural layers with paint, tissue papers, household items, stencils, molding paste, etc.

The smaller pieces, shown here, were done on 6 x 6 hard board and the focus of the lesson was paint overs. Take a gray-scaled print out of an image and then giving it a more "painterly" look with acrylics, pastels, etc.

I am so proud of the students and their enthusiasm showed in their pieces. Each piece was individualized that reflected personal meaning for them. I love sharing art with others and the joy of teaching comes in the eyes of the students that I have.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday celebration with family and friends. I wish you a safe, joyful and artful weekend!

Coming Tuesday, Dec. 1st; my first Guest Artist spot on my Blog. Each month I will be featuring a guest artist here. There will be questions and answers and photos of the artists' works. :)

Thinking of all of you! Love, Marilyn xxoo


19 comments:

vintage wil said...

What a beautiful work!!

Terri Kahrs said...

Marilyn, you have reason to be proud! Your students did an amazing job with their works. You're an outstanding teacher! Thanks so much for sharing. Hugs, Terri xoxo

Carol Q said...

some beautiful pieces there Marilyn. what a talented bunch and what a fab teacher you must be!

sharon said...

I can tell you are an awesome teacher by looking at these....they are fantastic!! I am green with envy!
Looking forward to 2010(wink!) You rock!

Diane J. Evans said...

The student works are beautiful, Marilyn -- part of the credit must go to their fantastically talented teacher!

Diane

Sandy said...

Wow your work rock.
These are all so sprectacular. Wonderful work.

Deb L. said...

You must be so pleased with your students! Their wonderful work reflects, of course, an equally wonderful teacher :) Very lovely pieces... xox Deb

Laura Haviland said...

Marilyn all I can say is Major "Wow" !!!!!!!
I am finally getting better Marilyn,a little ways to go.
Hugs, Laura. xoxx
You Rock "big time" my friend. in my world.

Sanja said...

your are fantastic teacher Marilyn.
fabulos pieces!

hugs
Sanja

Martina said...

Marilyn, it`s beautiful and artistic. Standing ovation from me. Great artwork!

Femmy said...

fantastic works!!!!

Debbie said...

Beautiful! You are a great teacher! I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Poetic Artist said...

These are wonderful.. You should be proud. You are a excellent teacher.

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful work here from your students- a wonderful reflection on you and your artistic talents Marilyn. Happy Holidays to you!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

wonderful work and thank you for sharing it...I am sure your students excelled with such an awesome art teacher to follow! :)

Peggy Beck said...

You are such a good teacher. I know as I've taken some of your courses. These works by your students proves it. They are so wonderful. I'm sure they are as proud as you are. Thanks for sharing Marilyn.

Janny said...

They are great, I would like to have you as a teacher;o)

lindacreates said...

Marilyn, this speaks to what a great teacher they had. BRAVO!

Viola said...

All did a great job! And you are a great teacher, Marilyn! :-)