Sunday, December 13, 2009

Collaboration :)


A couple of months ago I had the privilege of spending some time with Laura Jones a very dear friend of mine.

Laura and I first met approx. 13 years ago at a local rubber stamp store. We found ourselves drawn to each other's art and felt an instant connection.

We came up with an idea of working on a collaborative project where we each had our own 11 x 14 canvas. On one side, we each created our own artwork and then handed the canvas over to each other to create art on the other side so we'd both end up with a collaborate art piece. It was so much fun and this is a picture of the finished project.

I began my art, on this canvas, on the right side and Laura created her art on the left side. It's amazing how we ended up with a very cohesive piece! That's the cool thing about friendships ya know? You can have different styles but coming together, you can end up with a beautiful friendship! :)

I took some time, today, to finish the piece and added the large silk flower petals on the upper left side as I felt like this was a present of friendship.

My thoughts went to how much fun this would be for a holiday gift with a friend. Stuck on what to get a close art friend? Why not a collaborative art project together? You could make a date, even if it's after Christmas, and the time together and your canvas would be a beautiful gift! Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

I just might have to make some calls :)

Hoping you are all having a great weekend and the hustle and bustle of the holiday activities aren't stressing you too much. I have so much, left to do, and am trying to breathe. My plan is to make a huge dent on my shopping list this week. We shall see.

All be safe and know you are all in my thoughts................Love, Marilyn xxoo




15 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh wow what a stunning and lovely collage. A big applause. Fantastic work.

Elizabeth said...

Another wonderful post MARILYN!! I love collaborative projects! Up for a long distance one, per chance in the new year???
Big hugs!

How is your littlest angel doing???
Elizabeth

Poetic Artist said...

Great job..Friendship, we can never have enough.
Hugs,
Katelen

Terri Kahrs said...

What a wonderful piece and a great idea! Holiday Hugs, Terri xoxo

Peggy Beck said...

Absolutely wonderful. My phone number is.......

Laura Haviland said...

This is just wonderful, I love it Marilyn who truly rocks my world.
Hugs and more Hugs, Laura.
Your friendship fills my heart.
My best wishes, dear friend.
Great piece of art work !!!!!!!!

sharon said...

Fantastic piece Marilyn! I smile just looking at it and it is just sooo happy!! Thanks for sharing this and your great idea! Big hugs to you!

Diane J. Evans said...

What a great way to build a friendship as well as a canvas -- it's a bit like the Round Robin quilts that fabric artists make. The result is always so wonderful to behold, as this piece is, Marilyn.

Happy Holidays!

Diane

Caterina Giglio said...

lovely idea and this piece turned out so beautifully cheerful!

~*~Patty S said...

Really lovely friendship collaborative Marilyn = splendid idea and inspiration!
Thank you for sharing!
Time seems to be moving at warp speed...soon it will be 2010!!!
oxo

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Not only is this a beautiful art piece, but also a great idea to collaborate with a close art friend. Sounds like the perfect gift to me.

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Marilyn
love all the beautiful shades of pink and the wonderful images! gorgeous collage! as for your altered spoons...I know your spoons will be even more amazing then mine! :) Happy Tuesday!

Femmy said...

such a fantastic collage!!

Martina said...

What an amazing piece of art, Marilyn.
Beautifully done, and very artistic as well!

Janny said...

It's looking great! Friendship is so important;o)