Monday, February 22, 2010

Spring's first song..................


It gets to be this time, of year, and my thoughts surely turn to Spring. We want it to come so badly and it will soon.

This is one of my drawn and painted portraits from Misty's class. I had fun with the background transferring antique music sheets down first then adding layers of paint, etc. I like to think this woman is looking up at the birds singing their first song of Spring!

The Angel of Hope (previous post) is working hard, for us, to get to spring very soon :)

I am going to be taking a little blogging break as I have to take my laptop into the shop for repair. The clicker mouse thingie (can you tell I'm technically challenged-lol?) is going and it takes me so long to click on a link or when I'm visiting blogs to open up windows, etc.

I'm hoping the computer won't be tied up too long as I have another online class coming up soon. I signed up for Pam Carriker's journaling class through Creative Workshops. It's for a whole year! Fun! I can't wait.

In meantime, I will be working on my angel series and my own journal pages.

Luckily, my husband has his own computer; a small net book so I can still communicate via email and, last time, I didn't have my computer, I found a way where I can, at least, visit Blogs so, hopefully, I can still do that. So; if I'm quiet, for a bit, you know it's due to my computer issue.

All stay well and safe, thank you for your continued support, here, on my Blog. I so enjoy reading your comments and feedback; I never tire of saying you are all the wings that make me feel that I can soar!

I am planning on offering a Blog giveaway once I get my computer back so stay tuned okay?

Much love - Marilyn xxoo


39 comments:

Femmy said...

again such a beautiful piece marilyn!!
would love to have spring too, after weeks of cold and snow we have loads of rain now.

Debby said...

WOW!!! She is beautiful.
Debby

Lori Saul said...

Beautiful work and I love the new banner- is that your garden? Have a great week Marilyn!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your angel series is taking off nicely. I love the background as much as the lovely lady who is looking wistfully for spring.

Sorry to hear about your computer. I'll keep an eye out for your return and hope it's very soon.

sharon said...

Don't stay away too lock Marilyn! I love the lady of spring with the birds, she lovely! Your banner is awesome too!

~*~Patty S said...

another lovely angel sitting against her rich and inviting background!

your blog header is gorgeous too dear Marilyn!

hope your computer is good as new very soon ... it's hard when we don't have things running as they should!
oxo

Diane J. Evans said...

The new piece is wonderful, and I, too, love the banner. If that's your garden, you must never want to leave home in the spring!

Diane

Sandy said...

Oh wow this is really beautiful.
Fabulous design. Gorgeous.

Buffy said...

Another beautiful girl and I love the backgrounds,especially the birds.

Martina said...

Another gorgeous work of you, dear Marilyn.
Yes, I can no longer wait for spring. This time, the winter lasts too long. By the way: I like your new banner!!!

Diane said...

Another wonderful painting, Marilyn!! I hope your computer gets better soon :)

Createology said...

Ahh waiting for Spring. It is nice to know we are all in agreement that it can't come soon enough. Your paintings are very beautiful and interesting. I love the music in the background. Enjoy your break while your inspiration finds other mediums to express itself. Keep creating...

Patti G. said...

Marilyn,
Your new piece is beautiful!!!!!
The background is great as well as your drawn and painted woman! I am loving the birdies, I miss them.....come on Spring!

Good luck with the computer, glad it will be fixed and maintained!

You have a new class coming that you will take for a full year! That is commitment my friend! :0)

Your blog header is beautiful, the picture of the flowers and gate! LOVELY! I remember seeing this....great picture!
Hugs,Patti

Laura Haviland said...

Marilyn this is a beauty piece, oh yes.You have done it again.
I love it....
Wish your computer gets well soon.
Your drawing is just perfect and love seeing it all.
Love your bunches,Hugs Laura. xoxx

Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful, love the birds and your last two pieces have
been wonderful too.

Hope the computer gets fixed easily...

Butterfly Works said...

Hi Marilyn, Thanks so much for encouragement you left on my blog..I think you right, my inner critic has been too bossy...I'm trying hard to shut her down...hahah
Your backgrounds are amazing and just make your angels stand out...loving this series...
Hurry and get your computer fixed; we will miss you...
Hugs and Blessings,
Butterfly

Gaby Bee said...

I love how much detail you put into your work. Once again you have done a great job.
Your new header is terrific. Love that vibrant blue!

Createology said...

Marilyn I love your new banner. This blue on the gates and chair really invite me in. Keep creating...

angela recada said...

I love this piece! And your new banner is stunning! I wish I had a view like that.
:0)
I hope you get your computer problems resolved soon. Have a good blogging break. Looking forward to your return.

johanna said...

we had a wonderful spring day here, though the forecast is rainy again... but it is so uplifting to see the sun for a few hours and have the snow melting!
great piece! love the music transfers and of course the birds on the line lift up my mood!!

Jane Davies said...

This is beautiful! So pensive. And I love your angel of hope too. Hope you get your computer back really SOON!!
Jane

Sanja said...

Another wonderful piece - fabulous work,Marilyn!
Have a nice weekend :-)
Hugs
Sanja

bockel24 said...

Love the facial expression of that portrait! Good luck with your computer!

LLEAL said...

Dear Marilyn

I have to blend out words such as fascinating and enchanting as well just to describe your blog.
Congratulations.
I would be honored not only with a single visit but also with the possibility of having your name on our friend's group.

http://www.llealenglishcourse.blogspot.com

Regards

LLEAL

Oxana said...

She is very beautiful! Wonderful piece!
Hugs
Oxana

Lynne said...

She is gorgeous Marilyn!!!Love your work!!
Hope that your laptop has a quick recovery!!
Love the new banner!!
I left you a little sunshine on my blog!!

Anonymous said...

OMG... I love this!!!

Alexandra said...

I love this painting! Fantastic Marilyn. Have a nice Sunday. l.G. Alexandra

Laura Haviland said...

Marilyn you sweetie, I miss your art work and you.Can't wait till your back on line.
Love ya,dear friend.
Hugs, Laura. xoxx

Jill Zaheer said...

Another beautiful young woman- reflective and peaceful. The birds add a beautiful touch- especially with the musical background. Wanted to also thank you so much for stopping by!

jgr said...

Hi Marilyn,
Your work is lovely, and we are SO ready for Spring, can't wait! I hope your computer is back soon.

Anonymous said...

I want you to know that I have a Beautiful Blogger Award at my blog "spot" for you if you want to come and pick it up.

http://dosfishes.blogspot.com/2010/03/lovely-gift.html

Anonymous said...

Hi Marilyn...love this drawn/painted piece. I remember when you had shown one on FB also and I was in awe. I hope all is well with you. I just dropped by Patti's blog and wanted to tell you sorry for not being around. Just been going through a rough time the last few months. Whenever you get back to visiting blogs come by and see an updated pic of Montana and some of his latest funnies. Hugs!

Tolegranny said...

I love this piece Marilyn. Your portraits are getting better and better. Keep up the good work.

Rika said...

This is beautiful!

ArtPropelled said...

She's lovely and I particularly like her interesting expression. Love your banner too.

ArtPropelled said...

She's lovely and I particularly like her interesting expression. Love your banner too.

Viola said...

What a wonderful piece again! Stunning! Have a great weekend! :)

sue pelletier said...

love it! the singing birds! please tell me that garden gate is at your house beautiful! we need spring!