

I wanted to share these two items, with all of you, as they happened upon my life on the same day :)
The sweet and cuddly bear you see, there, symbolizes a Sweet Blog Award I was given by Diane of http://dianesalter.blogspot.com/. Please check out her Blog when you have a chance; her art is so creative, filled with color, perfect shapes and design! (I apologize for not being able to "highlight" her name for her Blog link but Blogger was not cooperating with me this morning). Must be the heat.
Thank you, Diane, for this honorable award and I was absolutely thrilled to receive it. One of the rules of the award is to reference 10 other Blogs for the award. I know Diane will understand when I say this is one rule of a Blog award that I cannot fulfill. It's because all the Blogs that are linked, here, which include my followers - I want to honor with this award! I can never narrow down a number. My inspiration comes from all of you! Again - Diane; thanks SO much!
The second picture, here, is an exercise from the recent Journal 365 online course that I am taking from Pam Carriker. It is one of the best things I've done, for myself art-wise, in a long time. For this lesson, we were to use our own artwork (previous journal pages), color copy them and turn them into collage elements and without much thinking on it, randomly adhere the torn elements to our journal page, add oil pastels, graphite, acrylics and turning the page into one cohesive piece. It's amazing how a "tossed salad" of sorts with your own artwork can product a blended and meaningful page.
It is so hot and humid, here, as I know others are suffering with it, too. I am keeping positive thoughts that this heat wave will end soon. We are supposed to get a bit more comfortable over the weekend with storms predicted. At this writing, the high 80's will seem cool :)
Is it September yet?
Thinking of you all; be safe, cool, and know you are all in my thoughts.
Much love, Marilyn xxoo
16 comments:
Oh so sweet award for you. Congratulations.
Your new journal page is very impressive. So wonderful design. I love it.
lovely award and great pages!
This journal page turned out great. What an interesting exercise and stunning results. And yep, it's hot here, too. Brutal dog days of summer have hit.
YOU are such a lovely person Marilyn you deserve a blogger love award. Page is so great, so much depth of imagery, love it! xox Corrine
It's a fabulous page Marilyn! I love all the detail and all the elements going on....and it looks so happy!!
Keep cool!
Congrats on the sweet award, Marilyn! Love your "new" journal page. Using copies of past work to create something "new" is intriguing! Going outside today is like opening the door to a sauna. Stay as cool as you can - think SNOW!!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo
Congrats on your award, you certainly deserve it!
I envy your journalling talent, Marilyn! Wonderful!
Congrats on the award,you're so sweet. I love your journal page,that sounds so neat to make a copy of your own and make a collage. I want to take Pams class but I just can't afford it right now. Thanks for sharing.
Congrats on your award and your page is super, so much texture and interest ... creating without thinking too much always brings surprises and great results, doesn't it!
I am doing a rain dance here in N VA ... we are sweltering too = ugh!
Stay Cool and keep creating dear M!
oxo
What a sweet award to a very sweet and talented lady...much deserved...
Love the journal page and how you took pieces of other pages....great page....
Great journal page -- how freeing those instructions must be!
Diane
Love the journal page - very creative!
Congrats on the well deserved blog award!
Stay cool!
Congratulations on your deserved blog award. Your journaling is really expanding and fascinating. Happy creating...
Congrats on your award! You deserve it!
Your new journal page is fantastic. I love your journaling!!!
Have a wonderful upcoming weekend!
Gaby xo
A beautiful new page - a reworking of sorts- I love that idea! Makes one refect upon and add new insights. Beautiful art Marilyn!
i love the overall softness of this page marilyn, and what a lovely collage!
Post a Comment