Friday, April 29, 2011

Citron

This is a 6 x 12 mixed-media canvas I, recently, completed.

It's a la "She Art" but using my own image. I can reduce or enlarge the faces I've created and use them instead of having them just sit in my journals :)

Not too long ago, I picked up some acrylic paints, on sale, and one of them is the color Citron. It's very bright and I bought it not knowing how I was going to use it or what other colors would coordinate with it.

So; I just started scraping in some colors with Citron being the first and most prominent and decided on a Sea Breeze and pink tones.

There are a lot of layers and textures in this piece. The flowers in the corner are molding paste that I mixed with some of the Citron and created with flower stencils.

Anyone watch the Royal Wedding? I get up particularly early, anyway, so I did watch it and have to say Princess Kate is stunning! I thought her gown was amazing! Talk about "She Art"! :)

Happy Friday everyone and I wish you a very safe and sun-filled weekend. We started out with sun today - woohoo!!!!! I think our weekend will be nice, too! Hope yours is same!

Love much - Marilyn xxoo

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I like the Citron, and the colors you chose to use along with it. Perfect! The "She Art" is just fabulous. Got to watch some of the Royal Wedding (bits and pieces) as I was getting ready for work. Kate definitely looked stunning. William was very handsome as well. Glad you have sunshine and more on the way, ENJOY! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Citron is a great hot green if that makes any sense. I really like it too. Yes, a glimpse of the royals and I thought she reminded me of Grace Kelly. Her gown was in that elegant vein. Happy weekend. xox Corrine

Janet Ghio said...

Love the colors you have chosen and also that you are using faces from your journals.

Yvonne said...

Love your "she art", Marilyn!

Martina said...

A magnificent work of art, dear Marilyn! Unique and beautiful!

Carol Q said...

i lovely the recent development in your style Marilyn. it's gorgeous. yes - we had a lovely wedding. didn't she look gorgeous. felt proud to be British (for a change!!) today.

Diane J. Evans said...

Citron is the first cousin to my favorite color, chartreuse. So this page REALLY tickles my fancy, Marilyn. The quotation could have come from my journal -- this is a winner!

Diane

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!!!

Marlynn said...

I LOVE that color and you work of art. Yes, Miss Kate is one she art. I really loved the wedding and watching those two young kids so much in love! How cool. hugs

Barb said...

Wishing you an enjoyable
week-end. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Ü
Barb

Createology said...

This is very Spring with the yellow and green and pinks. I love how you have put your beautiful face on your "she-art". Happy creating...

HeARTworks said...

Very nice! I love all the colors and layers! Good job! Patsy from
HeARTworks

Deborah said...

Love how you are reusing your faces. A lovely artwork!

sharon said...

I love your sense of color Marilyn, this combination is great! Your girl hee is special, I love looking at all the details of what she is made of....gives it such character...wonderful!

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

Wow, this is totally gorgeous!!!!

Healing Woman said...

Yes, this is a great color combination. The Royal Wedding was wonderful...I especially loved seeing the hats.

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi
You took a colour many would shy away from and created such a stunning piece of art. Did you return to the store to stock up on more bargain Citron?!!
Have a great Sunday.
Wishes
Lynne

Diane said...

Gorgeous piece Marilyn. I love it!
It's a beautiful weekend in So. California...hope you're enjoying the same! Hugs, Diane

Katie said...

just lovin' your She-art! such fun!

Jill Zaheer said...

Dear Marilyn,
Again it's been too long since i've visited your blog and have been blessed by a smile of your artwork and your writings. You have wonderful colors here- I will have to see if i have this citron color among my paints! Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment!
I have watched the royal wedding so much that it seems as if the happy couple have been married at least 10 years now. Have a great week!

Femmy said...

beautiful colours, LOVE this canvas Marilyn!!

Gaby Bee said...

Another gorgeous piece! I love the colors and all the wonderful details in your work...as usual:)

Enjoy the day!
Hugs, Gaby